Wednesday, 23 September 2015

What's new Wednesday - Buckle Up and Enjoy the Journey

Well hello everyone.  Happy Hump Day.

Today I am with you to show off the first of my makes using one (well two) of the new to me products from Emerald Creek.


You can see more of the Design Teams makes over at the Emerald Creek Dares Blog, and our first ever challenge has gone live :-)


For Challenge #1 we are having an 80's theme challenge, and whatever this means to you.

Emerald Creek Dares

For today's share I used the wonderful Balloon Stamp and one of the Buckle Charms



I first stamped the image on to plain white card stock and was then able to scan it and then size it however I wished.  Therefore able to print it off to give different size balloons.

My card is a Z Fold card shape, one of my favourite card shapes as it is quick to make the base and effective once decorated.

For me the 80's theme, was bright colours, chevrons and stars, so that's what I used :-)


I added the buckle charm and threaded a thin strip of the chevron patterned paper through and secured this to the front.  Along with a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous - Saying Stuff stamp set.  Here's a lovely closeup of that Buckle Charm!


I coloured up the balloons with Tim Holtz Distress Markers; Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Tumbled Glass, Tattered Rose and Frayed Burlap.


The papers are from My Minds Eye - Happy Day 6" by 6" stack, the layers have all their edges inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Stormy Sky.


The ovals are Spellbinders Stitched Ovals die set.  I couldn't resist adding the original stamped image to the inside message panel.


I just love how this turned out!

Now then, how would you like to win a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek store!  Click on the certificate will take you to the store where you can see all the loveliness you might want to buy.


Pop along to the Emerald Creek Dares blog and enter our First ever challenge to win this fabulous gift certificate!!  And go check out the store too by clicking on the gift certificate :-)

If you are in the Calgary area, why not pop along to the Great Canadian Scrapbook Carnival, that is on this Friday and Saturday, 25th and 26th September. Click on the image below for more info.  Pop along and say hello to Emerald Creek from me :-)


I am entering this card in the following challenges,

Simon Says Monday Challenge - STAMPtember: Use a Stamp & Blog Hop (closes 28 Sept)

Craft you Passion Challenges - Challenge #280: Always Anything Goes (closes 27 Sept)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #78: Always Anything Goes (closes 27 Sept)

That's all from me today.  

Come back tomorrow for another creation from me for Emerald Creek :-)

Happy crafting!

Emerald Creek Products Used


26 comments:

  1. You should be proud if this card. So charming. Those balloons are colored beautifully! So glad to see you partner with Emerald Creek. They are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Wuuunderschön gemacht
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant .. totally simply brilliant.. love that idea! and I now need those buckles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, Karon. An awesome card fold too. Thanks the ride on those colourful balloons was fun.
    {I would love you to take part in my 1,100 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. First let me say congrats on your new DT position. They are very lucky to have you on the team. Love the card. So beautiful. Papers are fab and the balloons are stunning. Adding the buckle on the side really pops. Love it.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love love love your card. I have to come back to read details, but I wanted a quick total look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your card, Karon! I am so happy to be on the Emerald Creek DT with you. :)
    ~~julia~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new DT position my friend!! What a gorgeous card, Karon!! I love the balloons!! The colors are fabulous!! The buckle is awesome!! You showcase the products perfectly!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Karon! Congrats, again, on your new DT position :)
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and I love the buckle you used:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card. That is a terrific design! Just love how the fold frames the balloons

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love this card and those Balloons are awesome! I cannot get over how clever you are with how you pulled this all together. Fabulous first DT post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you my friend!! Well deserved!! I love the fun embellishment of the buckle..Super cool! The air balloon image and sentiment are both Awesome!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGOSH Karon! This is simply Fabulous! LOVE those Hot Air Balloons!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!!!! Love the buckle charm and the balloon.
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card with the buckle and the balloon, awesome so love this image and colours...
     {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. Love the balloons, great colors. The buckles are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these little buckles they look adorable on a card. Great design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Karon, this is spectacular! What an amazing design and I love the use of the sweet little buckles. Incredibly done, as always. :o) They are so blessed to have you!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice creation. I really like the color scheme. Thanks for joining our challenge at Crafting From The Heart and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card! Those hot air balloons are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...