Friday, 16 October 2015

Fabulous Friday - Shhhhhhh! Christmas!

Hi everyone.  Wow is the weekend nearly here already?  Yay :-)

A quick post for you today - I have a shhhhh...... CHRISTMAS card for you today LOL!

We are into week 2 of our Use a Die challenge over at Polkadoodles.  You have until Friday, 23 October to enter.

I couldn't resist using the fabulous Frosted Winter - Octavia collection for my card today.


My easel card design is using one of the pre-coloured images in a frame, from this fabulous collection.  I die cut the framed image and then the frame it self, using Spellbinders stitched oval die.


I also couldn't resist adding some sparkle, using some fine silver glitter, to the icy elements and stars. 


The second die cut frame is layered using some foam dots to add some dimension. As well as adding some to the chalk board sentiment for the easel to rest against.  I hope you can see the sparkle - it's so pretty :-)


A quick close up to see a little more detail to the layers and the stitched oval die - I love this die and think I need to get some more :-)


So, now it's over to you and I know you all use lot's of die's in your crafting - so go along and enter this fortnights challenge at Polkadoodles.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #249: Easel Cards (closes 20 Oct)

Crafting by Designs - Month long Anything Goes in October (closes 25 Oct)

Sweet Stamps - October Anything Goes challenge (closes 31 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. Hi Karon, another fabulous card, that image suits the easel design perfectly and I love the rich colours. I still haven't played with my collection...my bad!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the sumptuous colours! Have a fab weekend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and great use of the dies to cut the frame. Fab card and have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfectly lovely Christmas card! I feel the chill despite the 96 degree weather! Have a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Karon! I really need to start thinking about Christmas, but have Thanksgiving to work on yet too :)
    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I love the image and the beautiful colors!! It's so beautiful!! I need to work on more Christmas cards...you've inspired me!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your distressed oval frame. Gorgeous easel card.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the faux stitching, lovely design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty - love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. Karon. Love the color palette. (I made all my Christmas cards last week)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I am speechless..Beautiful!!
    I absolutely love it!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW Karon! This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is STUNNING, Karon! I love when this image pops up on blogs and you've used it so beautifully. Gorgeous design and detailing, too. This will be cherished! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...my...my! What a gorgeous card! I love the deep, rich, bold colors and those images are so striking. I love that it is an easel card because this beauty deserves to be displayed...front and center!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully done- I love the colors- very cool and winter like. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this, great card.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, such a pretty card…the sparkle just added to the magical look to the scene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Soooo PRETTY Karon! LOVE the depth & dimension you add to your cards! And that special added touch of sparkle looks fabulous too! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a dramatic look Karon. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Hard to believe that before we know it Christmas will be here! Did you get any snow? It seems strange to ask that sort of question when I'm down here in Texas wearing flip flops and capris.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous card Karon, absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Christmas card is beautiful. I love anything framed, especially on a card. I'm also still loving going back and looking at your last post with the coffin and tag and the bats....wonderful stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow this is just stunning Karon. Love the pretty image and paper. Anet x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...