Thursday, 8 October 2015

Hello Thursday - Autumn Pumpkins

Hi everyone.  Autumn is definitely on it's way here in Canada, the trees are dropping their leaves and turning those fabulous colours of rich reds and browns.

We are starting a new challenge over at Emerald Creek Dares and the theme for this fortnight is The Fall :-)
Emerald Creek Dares

I used this lovely Pumpkins stamp, from the Emerald Creek shop called Pete's Place.   


Recently whilst visiting around blogland I came across a couple of friends who had one (Andie of Contagiously Crafty) used Brusho Watercolour Crystals and two (Cathy, fellow Emerald Creek team mate, Amethyst Dragonfly's Alcove) using Ken Oliver's Color Burst powders.  I was able to lay my hands on the full set of Ken Oliver's Color Burst Powders from a company called Clipper Street Scrapbook Company.  Brusho's were somewhat scarce here in Canada :-)

I first stamped the image with embossing ink, onto watercolour paper, and then heat embossed with Midnight Gold embossing powder.  Using a small brush to wet the paper just where I needed it, I then added the Color Burst powder.  I love the colours they are fabulous.


My Silhouette Cameo got a workout and I cut out lot's of leaves (Designs on Cloud 9 cutfile) and leafy branches (Bird's Cards cutfile).  The backing paper is from my stash and have had it a while :-)


I discovered that I don't really have any Autumnal or Thanksgiving stamps, but amongst my stash I found these sheets of fabulous rub ons - sorry I do not know what company they are from.  But I chose the Beautiful Autumn and then added some maple leaf swirls too.


My frames and layers, are made using the Spellbinders Stitched Ovals Dies.  All the edges of all the layers have been inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress ink pad.


I also used these fabulous tiny Pine Cones and Dragonfly brad from Emerald Creek. Aren't they fabulous!


I also inked all the leaves with Vintage Photo too, and embossed them with my stylus to add some dimension.


So now I have no doubt that you have all been busy making Autumnal creations, so why not pop along to the Emerald Creek Dares blog to see what the rest of my team mates have been creating and enter the challenge!  You could win a fabulous $25 gift certificate to the store!



I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafting by Designs - Challenge: All About Autumn (closes 13 Oct)

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Autumn is in the Air (closes 12 Oct)

Vintage Stamping Challenge - Challenge #37: Use a Die/Dies (closes 1 Nov)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #161: Autumn Leaves/Colours of Fall (closes 11 Oct)

Fussy and Fancy Challenge - Challenge #149: Autumn Colours (closes 15 Oct) 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


39 comments:

  1. So pretty - love the flower and leaves in the corner.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so fantastic! I love the contrast between the pumpkins and the background paper. The gold emboss on the pumpkins really works and the watercolor is intense. Thanks so much for the lovely shout out! I'm honored to have my humble little blog featured here at your Krafty Korner.

    Have fun with the Color Burst. Don't forget to play with them, I'm sure they will amaze you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design and the leaves in the corner are fantastic. Thank you for sharing it with us at Eureka Stamps.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely beautiful card! The pinecones are adorable and the colouring with the stamp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Karon, I like the pumpkins and the foliage
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful card love the pumpkins.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Karon!! The pinecones are just the right add on! And the pumpkins look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous design and colours. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW Karon! This is simply BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the Fall Foliage you added to your card! Beautiful Image colored to perfection my friend! :) Have a wonderful Weekend!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. a beautiful card!! I love love love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw this beauty on FB! Beautiful!!
    Have a blessed day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Gorgeous Autumn card. Your pumpkins look so plush and your Fall bouquet is outstanding.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the pumpkins and all those gorgeous flowers! It's still summer here. Granted it's much cooler but still in the upper 80s and low 90s (f) so still pretty warm and air conditioners still going. Though we did have two days I was able to leave the windows open all day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most of the time I don't remember names so when you left a comment on my blog I had to remind myself so I popped over - yep you made one beautiful card alright!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Karon, I adore the little pine charms and your autumn bouquet is gorgeous.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, love the leaves and flower....

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful. The leaves and flower are the perfect embellishment. Love the little pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Karon! I love your beautiful design and all of the stunning leaves! Thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so pretty, such lovely papers - a super card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon, you are true amazing I love how much you fit on this card. And still kept it balanced. I can't wait for more blogs from you. Cards are my niche so this one has a special place in my favorites. Shhh don't tell LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful card Karon, love the layering and the different elements :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karon, this is simply exquisite... just like the season you're celebrating! :o) The image is beautiful and your design is stunning. I adore the sweet pine cones.. I wish I hadn't used mine up already! ;) Gorgeous work as always, my friend. Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous card, Karon! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another stunning card Karon. Love colors and those flowers in the corner are beautiful. Love the inside as well.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH MY WORD! This is absolutely stunning, Karon! TFS.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous coloring on those pumpkins. Love the angles that you took it from to show off the embossing. That is a STUNNING Autumn card, Karon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Breath-taking! It sure is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A super creation and perfect for our theme this month Karon, many thanks for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card.love the way you added dimension to the leaves and the distress ink.Those little pine cones are so cute and shine so beautiful on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. stunning love the flower and the pine cones

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brilliant card! I love the foliage along with your image!
    Thanks for playing at Eureka Stamps this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card and I love the addition of the charms. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my! This is sooooo lovely! I love the leaves and the beautiful layering! I'm dying to get my hands on some Color Bursts!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Really pretty Autumn card Karen.....love the leaf cluster in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so beautiful!! I love the papers!! The cluster of the flower, pine cones and leaves is gorgeous!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so beautiful Karon! Your embellishments add the finishing touches to this gorgeous card! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Simply gorgeous! And, perfect for the approaching fall season. The colors are just beautiful and your embellishments are amazing. I love this autumn beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...