Thursday, 22 October 2015

Hello Thursday - Hanging with Funny Bones

Hello there!  Hope you are all having a fabulous week so far.  

We are starting a new challenge over at Emerald Creek Dares blog today - please share with all your friends that there is a new challenge on the block and we would love for you to all come and take part in our challenges! You could a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek Store. The theme is Halloween!

Emerald Creek Dares

Are you all getting ready for Halloween?  I have to admit I am not one for Halloween, but I did love making this latest project.


Ok, it's not just the skeleton LOL! - This is Funny Bones and you can get him as a stamp at Emerald Creek.

After stamping him up and to get him to hang like that, I cut him up and then used 4mm jump rings, jewelry thingy's, to join him back up again :-)

I decided to make a Halloween wall hanging, for a friend (who celebrates Halloween big style) and came up with this.  It is a 12" by 12" canvas used the wrong way around :-)


The coffin was first stained with a walnut stain and then I added some Black Soot Distress Paint around the edges and also scraped over the bats.  The bats were made using Ranger Texture Paste and a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stencil called Batground :-)  I couldn't resist cutting up another Funny Bones to stick out of the side of the coffin LOL!  The Aztec Skull from Emerald Creek - was coloured up with Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Sunset Orange and Purple Twilight, I did snip off the little link from the top of the charm.


Some of his friends wanted to join the party too, after I had stamped them up - that is what Funny Bones looks like before I cut him up LOL!  And hence the sentiment Hanging with Funny Bones, this was typed up in Word using a font on my computer called Chiller :-)


The trees, fences, bats, grave stones are all from the Polkadoodles Witchie Witchie 2013 Bundle. I traced them using my Silhouette Cameo and cut them out in black card stock, adding a little orange behind the owl for the eyes :-) I added some Picket Fence Distress Paint to the black pieces to give it that smoky spooky feel :-)


The flying witch is part of an SVG cut file from Miss Kate Cuttables.  The spiders webs are also from Miss Kates Cuttables.  For the moon, I just cut a circle in cream card and inked it over with Ranger Distress Ink pad in Vintage Photo.


And there you have it my Spooky Halloween Hanging with Bones creation :-)


And whilst we are in the mood - here's a little sneak peek of something I made and will be on my blog on Saturday - so remember to come back LOL!



Now I know that lot's of you celebrate Halloween and make lots of creations - so why not go along and enter our challenge at Emerald Creek Dares and check out what the rest of the Design Team have created! 

 Don't forget, you could win a $25 gift certificate!


I am entering this creation in the following challenges.

Craft Rocket Challenges - Challenge #2: Spooky (closes 3 Nov)

4 Crafty Chicks - Challenge #269: Happy Halloween (closes 27 Oct)

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Challenge #115: Halloween (closes 1 Nov)

Inky Chicks - Challenge #58: Halloween (closes 7 Nov)

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #163: Halloween (closes 25 oct)

Die Cuttin' Diva's - Challenge #238: Picture Inspiration (closes 25 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting!


28 comments:

  1. Hallo Karon, ach wie Gruselig, aber sehr schön gestaltet
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love how you cut up & hinged Funny Bones. That's so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Reverse canvas idea was perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazing! Love all the detail in it and the funny bones are just brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative design, Karon.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not into Halloween much either, but this is so cool. I made a Halloween chunky charm for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this absolutely amazing - love, love, love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool Karon and I love all the positions you have put the skeletons into especially the one on the coffin.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hanging skeleton!! Super fun.
    Super cool coffin.. Spooky cute & fun!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing piece Karon...your friend is incredibly lucky!! The attention to detail is outstanding xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Karon, this is amazing!! All of the details are just perfect!! I love the hanging funny bones!! The coffin looks spooktacular!! Wow!! You did an amazing job with this!! It's perfect for Halloween!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMHECK Karon! That is so Freakin' COOL! LOVE the design and how creative! Your friend will Flip for this! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a particularly ghoulish project, Karon! Your funny bones stamp is a charming focal point. Great job and wonderful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliantly made creation with the creepiest of colours and design.
    {The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a creepy creation! Great details. Your friend is very lucky to get one of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! This is AWESOME Karon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. For someone who's not much into Halloween, you've done a frightfully good job on this! I love everything about it! Your coffin turned out wonderful and that skeleton! I love him. A bit late for me to order anything from Emerald this year for Halloween but I need to keep them in mind for next time I need some Halloween stuff. Your friend is going to love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your friend is going to LOVE this! Love that coffin with the bats and funny Bones is just a hoot! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi so glad you joined us at Craft Rocket Challenges with your wonderful spooky card.............Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous project!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many scary details! LOVE it, Karon.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a fun piece. Love all those funny bones in different poses. Feel a bit sorry for the one trapped in the coffin. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning piece of art. Love all the attention to details. FABULOUS!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great dimension! I also like the muted, darker shades of purple and orange that you used together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh boy! What a fab spooky scenery!
    And you were so busy with fussy cutting Mr. Bones!
    So much to see - I love that!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a fun project!!
    I do love Halloween and this would look great hanging on a wall or propped up on a plate stand :)
    Mr Funny Bones is so cute.,,love the coffin and the whole scene

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how 3D this project is with all the paper layers! The coffin is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...