Saturday, 24 October 2015

Simply Saturday - Halloween! Mwahahahaha...

It's Saturday - well at least I think it is LOL!  Don't know where the time is going lately.  They say the older you get the faster time flies - ah well LOL!

I have a big favour to ask all my bloggie friends out there.  I know how you all love to enter challenges.  Do you think you could spread the word that there is a new Challenge blog around - Emerald Creek Dares.  We have fortnightly challenges and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek store - that's full of fabulous goodies.  Thanks :-)

Emerald Creek Dares

Anyways, I have another creation for you today using my Emerald Creek goodies. And continuing with our Halloween theme for our latest challenge, I decided to make a tag!

Oh my I had some fun pulling this tag together.

I started off with Range Texture Paste first ever play session with the Texture Paste and I love it!  I used the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Batground Stencil and a Ranger Inkssentials Manilla tag #8.


After watching some of Tim's CHA videos I also added some Black Embossing powder whilst the paste was still wet.  Then I set it aside to dry before heating it with my heat gun.


It had been sitting there for a few days - when I finally decided what to do with it earlier in the week. I got out some Ranger Distress Stains in Barn Door and Mustard Seed.  Sprayed some water on the tag first (I also did a spare tag for the top bit and sentiment), squished the stains all over the tags and sprayed some more - I might have gone a bit overboard with the water - but hit it with my heat gun and it as fine:-)

I have to admit I love how the colour blended and was perfect for this theme. Another first using the stains that have been sat on my shelf for over a year!


For Funny Bones I heat embossed him with some black embossing powder and added a little Distress Marker in Frayed Burlap to his bones.

The Pete's Place Pumpkins were stamped onto water colour card stock and then coloured with more Distress Markers - Wild Honey and Frayed Burlap.  However, as it's Halloween - I couldn't resist adding some scary faces to the pumpkins using another Distress Marker - Black Soot.

Can you see the shine on the embossed and texture paste bats :-)


I also added a strip of burlap that has been inked up with Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink in Sunset Orange.


Plenty of Halloween coloured ribbons and sentiment from my stash.  The edges of the tag layers were also inked using Distress Ink pad Dusty Concord.


And a really big first for me - I am entering this tag in Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 - October!  I am not sure if it qualifies - but I did use lots of Tim Holtz products and it is Halloween themed :-)

So, don't forget the theme for our latest challenge at Emerald Creek Dares is Halloween! You could win a fabulous $25 gift certificate to the store!


I am entering this tag in the following challenges.

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 - October (closes 31 Oct)

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - The Monster Mash (closes 26 Oct)

Brown Sugar Challenges - Challenge #169: Anything Goes (closes 29 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.



28 comments:

  1. What a lovely tag, Karon. So exciting to enter the paper crafting rockstar's paper crafting challenge! I think it qualifies. I don't have a Halloween project done, but if I can get it done and posted I'll join over at Emerald Creek. I don't have a ton of followers, but will do what I can! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tag, love all the distressing and the details added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Halloween tag is AWESOME! Love the texture paste with black embossing - perfect for the bats. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is amazing!! I love the background with the bats and the beautiful colors!! This is so fabulous, Karon!! I absolutely love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karon, your tag is amazing, I love the techniques, designs and Mr Funny Bones is just brill.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous tag. The texture paste looks great and I love the colors on the tag. Mr. Bones and the pumpkins are perfect on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very artistic, Karon. I haven't used texture paste in quite a while. Maybe I should get mine out and have a play.... :)
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Karon, I love the Skelly and the pumpkins fabulous!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is Awesome!! So Cool and Amazing!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frightfully stunning, Karon. Missed the last challenge...will definitely make an effort for this one.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE your tag Karon!!!! SO colorful, spooky and overall AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing halloween beauty. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Brown Sugar Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    brownsugarchallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I LOVE that stencil and all the yummy goodies on your Halloween tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great project! I love it!
    Thank you for playing with us at Brown Sugar Challenge this week!
    Good luck!
    Giada DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it Karon!! And...YAY!!! for entering the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015!!! I'm thinking of making the leap and trying next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! I love your Halloween tag! Fabulous! When I get done with this Thirteen Frights before Halloween on my blog, I'm going to check out this challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is over-the-top fabulous Karon! I really love how the textured bats turned out and your inking is amazing. The background is amazing all by itself and once you added all those spooky embellishments it really came to life. I really love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This tag definitely hits the TH tags entry. Such wonderful distressing and the color combo is awesome sauce. Wonderful use of all your layers and details. Already spreading the word about EC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow Karon - this is a stunner! I love how the background turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous tag, I love the background and may try out this technique, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Karon......the background looks amazing, great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how your background turned out. It is perfect for your wonderful Halloween tag.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness your tag is great!!!
    I just picked up this bat stencil…I will have to use it next year though.
    I love the vibrant colours and all of the texture!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...