Wednesday, 14 October 2015

What's New Wednesday - Why? Oh why? Oh why?!

Hellooooo!  Happy Hump Day everyone.

Why? Oh why? Oh why? You may ask Why?   LOL!

So you know how it goes, you visit peoples blogs and are in awe of these fabulous things that people create.  And you say oh, I'd like to have a go at this or that, but you just never get round to it.  Well, I didn't until yesterday.

Didn't what?  I hear you ask.

I, Karon, have never used Texture paste and stencils and I mean never ever!!!  Oh my - why didn't you all tell me what I have been missing!

I had a morning in the craft room yesterday and getting some mojo going for an upcoming DT make for Emerald Creek.  I wonder if you can guess what the theme is?  LOL!


I am using the fabulous Funny Bones skeleton stamp, I embossed one and chopped up another, hee hee hee :-)  Using the Pete's Place Pumpkins - although I have added the faces with a Black Soot distress marker.  Also going to be using the Aztec Skull Charm - haven't messed with it much yet - stay tuned.  My first play with the texture paste was on the coffin and the tag!

For the coffin (cheap $1.50 from Michaels) I stained it with walnut stain and coloured the hinges and clasp with a black permanent marker.  I added a little Black Soot Distress Paint to the white texture paste and then put this on top of the coffin through the stencil.  Hmmmm wonder what's going in that space on the top? :-)


For the tag I put the plain white paste through the stencil and then added some embossing powder while it was wet.


I then set this aside until it was dry and hit it with the heat embossing tool.


Oh I love the effect - and can't wait to see where this is going!  Yep, I don't know yet LOL!  And you will have to wait till next Thursday, 22 Oct - before you get to see the finished creation :-)  Mwahahahaha :-)


I also want to remind you all that Emerald Creek Dares challenge for this fortnight (open until 21 Oct) Theme is Dare to Fall for Colour - so it could be a fall card, fall colours you go with it and please go along and enter!  You could win a $25 gift certificate to the store!

We are also having an Emerald Creek International Design Team call - why not go check out the details! (closes 25 Oct)

Before I disappear, I thought I would share my upcoming DT card for Polkadoodles, well a sneak peek!  Our current challenge is Use A Die and you have until 23 October to enter. I'll be back Friday with my Polkadoodles post :-)


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Crafting.



21 comments:

  1. Oh I love this - great textures! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have recently been using paste for the first time. Great tool, yes? This post is a fair tease and now we can't wait to see the finished projects. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the end result Karon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Karon, you are freakin awesome! This post has me just as excited for next weeks release too. And I LOVE the spooky pumpkins and chopping funny bones was genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love what I'm seeing so far! I haven't used the texture paste either. Well I did use something similar in my mixed media journals but have pretty much quit doing that. Now this is a great idea....hmmm I have one of those little coffins from Michael's. It inspired my larger chipboard one that I made. Can't wait to the end result!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you do next with this project.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are a tease, Karon! I'll guess that the skull charm goes into the space on the casket. I could be wrong, but it looks just the right size to me ;)
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you tease!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!! It's already looking fabulous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought a coffin could look beautiful, but yours does. You did a marvelous job with the texture paste, even tinting it on your very first try. That deserves a high-five for high creativity. :)
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will LOVE the Texture Paste. SO much you can do with it. You're in for a treat, Karon. Better late than never, eh?! :)
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good!!! I can't wait to see what you do with funny bones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way your coffin looks. Can't wait to see what else you add.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is Awesome!! Can't wait to see the rest!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. So COOL Karon!! Now you've got me all excited to see how it all turned out!!! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this brand new jar of texture paste sitting on my desk....I too have yet to play with it :( I have seen such AMAZING projects and still it sits there....you have inspired me to give it a go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooooohhhh...those bats are some kinda creepy fun! This is looking pretty awesome and Iook forward to seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you tease, lol.
    I love that bat stencil…I will have to look for it.
    I really like the start of your tag!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a awesome tease. I so want to dabble with the texture paste. Can't wait to see the finished project.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...