Friday, 13 November 2015

Fabulous Friday - Autumn's nearly over but ....

At least the snow hasn't arrived yet!  You watch, I'll be eating those words LOL!

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my Remembrance post, it meant so much to me!

For today's post we, at Polkadoodles, are on our Inspiration week for our
Autumn/Fall colours challenge.

I decided to make my card from papers off the fabulous Dollie Daydream Goes East collection.


I placed a second layer on top of the first by cutting 5 strips out of the second layer and raising those up on foam tape.  This adds a little dimension to card.


I love the little fans in this collection and couldn't resist adding one to the ticket sentiments.  I did form the fan to make it stand our more.


For the inside I used the same papers as the front and then added a message panel with another of the fans.


I love Oriental style cards, they always look so elegant, don't you think :-)


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #166: The Colours of Fall (closes 16 Nov)

Simply Papercraft - Challenge #17: Anything Goes (closes 19 Nov)

Sweet Stamps - November Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 5 Dec)

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

28 comments:

  1. WOW. Karon, ein Traum so schön die Karte
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER! This is utterly gorgeous, Karon. Such yummy colours.
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this Karons the panels are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love the oriental on this project....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all those fabulous layers!! gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such depth in this design and I love the little fan. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the design and papers. Thanks for playing along at Eureka! Stamps Colors of Fall Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is stunning, Karon!! I love how you raised the strips!! It adds such amazing dimension!! What gorgeous papers!! You showcased them perfectly!! I love, love this my friend!! So beautiful!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon, this is absolutely stunning! I love it! I hope, for your sake that you don't have to eat your words about the snow. Grin.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love this Karon. I was tellin by Duncan I wanted to have lanterns all over for my 40th birthday. I may need to use this idea for the cards. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how Pretty Karon! I Just LOVE the layers.... so much amazing dimension!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Karon. I love the design. Fabulous way to layer. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning, elegant & beautiful!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, the oriental look is really elegant when you do it! The fan is fabulous and the sentiments are perfect. Great card, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card inside and out and love the effect of raising the panels --Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! What a fun technique for the front of your card!love that mini fan!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful fall card and such great color and wow on the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...just...wow! This is a stunning card Karon. I love the beautiful, rich colors and those amazing images. And...can we just talk about all those layers? The dimension and details you've added to this card are just beautiful. I love everything about this oriental beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so clever Karon! I love the raised panels!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning and I love the extra dimension the extra papers give it. Brilliant Idea and such beautiful papers! Than fan is precious too!!! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I love those lanterns/lamps! I'm sure snow will be in your neighborhood real soon, not to jinx you or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous idea to use this collection Karon. Great job! Sorry I'm a tad late with my commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that your cards have so much layers to them :)
    Another beautiful card you have created :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card. What a great design.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...