Friday, 20 November 2015

Fabulous Friday - Oh no Christmas is coming!

Hi everyone.  Friday once again and will warn you now that I think the rest of the years posts will probably by biased towards Christmas :-)

I'm so dis-organised this year.  How about you?  I hope to have little bit's of inspiration here and there along the way.

Today over at Polkadoodles we are starting a new challenge. For this fortnight our theme is White and One other Colour.  I have made the first of my Christmas cards, at least I think it's my first LOL!

I couldn't resist using the fabulous papers and poinsettias that are on the wonderful Frosted Winter - Octavia collection.


I cut and layerd the poinsettia to form it into a 3D flower.  Even the lovely pearl dot's are just paper ephemera from the collection.


For the inside I used the same papers and added a flat poinsettia to the message panel.


The white panels were embossed with a Darice Snowflake embossing folder and then all the layers, including the flowers, have inked edges.


The sentiment is also from this wonderful collection.


So, I hope that you are all busy crafting and getting ready for the man in red.  I will be back again soon - I promise.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Challenge #117: White and One other Colour (closes 30 Nov)

Crafty Catz Challenges - Challenge #302: Shades of Blue (closes 26 Nov)

Oddball Art Stamps - Challenge: Lots of Layers (closes 14 Dec)

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Christmas (closes 24 Nov)

Craft Rocket Challenges - Challenge #4: Add a Sentiment (closes 1 Dec)

Simply Papercraft Challenges - Challenge #18: Anything Goes (closes 3 Dec)

Creative Fingers Challenge Blog - Challenge #98: Anything Goes (closes 4 Dec)

Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Challenge #173: Anything Goes (closes 26 Nov)

Hope you all have the most wonderful weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

35 comments:

  1. WOW love the colors on this one and the band is gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this suitably frosty creation, great job with the poinsettia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the blues, the embossing and that fabulous poinsettia.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Karon!!!
    Love the blues!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now you're one card ahead of me!!
    It's BLUE-TIFUL!! hahaha...you see what I did there? ;)
    I do really love the design of this gorgeous Christmas card though. You're off to an amazing start.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the layout of this gorgeous design and all the inking you did to finish it off so beautifully.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Karon!! I love the pretty blue!! The poinsettia looks amazing!! What a beautiful card my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely design Karon, gorgeous colour!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, I love your card and how you've decorated the inside. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Looks like winter. Makes me want to snuggle in a thick robe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I am loving the beautiful blue tones on your card. Fabulous inking and dimension also!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the gorgeous blue!!
    Stunning & Beautiful!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card. Blues are my favourite for christmas cards! Thanks for sharing with us in our Add a Sentiment Challenge. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Christmas card is blue this year too. This one is quite lovely. As disorganized as I feel, aren't you feeling the Spirit of Christmas?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Karon, love the embossed background and that lovely colour palette! And I am firmly in denial that Christmas is less than 5 weeks away, good gravy! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card, perfect for our challenge at CraftyCatz this week...
    Thanks for sharing with us..x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovin the blue gorgeous card TFS Craft Rocket Challenges......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is just so so so pretty.
    I like that you added so many layers to the pointsettia
    I also love that you used blue..so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous, Karon! The colors are stunning and your poinsettia is a wintry delight. Absolutely beautiful! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty Karon! LOVE the blues - My Favorite color of course! :) The flower is so lovely on your card! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the sponging on the layers. It gives a lot of depth. Gorgeous Christmas card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Christmas Wednesday Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Karon,
    your card is beautiful with the colors and all the details. I hope you are well and getting ready for the Holidays:) Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment over my blog.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karon, very gorgeous! I love that beautiful flower!

    xx Mia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Christmas card and yes, it is coming and I'm always a bit disorganized!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabuluous christmas card.
    Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenge, and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loVe your beautiful Christmas card. Love the blues and white. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous designed creation, beautiful colours Karon and awesome papers.xx

     { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this, I kinda like blue for Christmas cards.

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. ooooo this is lovely, my fave colour!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...