Thursday, 26 November 2015

Hello Thursday - Let the Festivities Begin

Hello out there!  So I did warn you last week that my posts would be quite Christmassy now, and here's the start :-)

In light of recent world events, I have been struggling to get in the Christmas mood. But with Christmas music playing loudly in the background I got crafting :-)

Today we are starting a new challenge at Emerald Creek Dares and we ask you to get your Festive creative head on for this one.

I used another shadow box, by 7 Gypsies, from my stash, this one is the same as the last but in white. I checked to see when I actually bought these shadow boxes and it was back in June of 2013!  So it's always good to grab those bargains, see I knew I would use it one day LOL!


So, lets get on with how I made this little Festive scene.  For the scene through the windows I found the perfect picture in the Polkadoodles wonderful Studio 12 Picknix 2 - Gingerbread Twist collection. I did add some clear glitter glue to those picture panels, you can see it in later pictures.

For the brick background I used a Darice Brick embossing folder which I first inked up with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using my brayer.  After running it through I then inked over it with a little more Vintage Photo and Red Brick Distress inks.


Next up came the little tree.  Last year I took up some book folding for Christmas and decided to have a go at making a little one.  This is a half tree and is only 3" tall! I decided to use the larger snowflake for the tree in the end.  


I sprayed the tree first with Bundled Sage Distress Stain, then some homemade glimmer mist using Perfect Pearls.  Later I also added a little clear glitter glue to add some more sparkle.


The Snowflakes both the Victorian and Mini Victorian are just so beautiful from Emerald Creek, the Candy Canes too, which I added some red with R29 Copic marker :-)


For the fire place I used a backing paper from the Polkadoodles Work & Play 2 collection.  Made it into a shadow box of sorts.  Inked the surround with Vintage Photo Distress ink, makes it look as if that fire has been going a while :-)  The fire itself is some free clip art that I cut and then layered up and I added a little wooden mantle, made from card stock, to hang the stockings from.


Then all I had to do was start to assemble and put everything together.


Did you notice the little visitor in the window - that's Monte the Raccoon.  He is a wonderful stamp from Emerald Creek and he was perfect for this. I stamped him on to Kraft card and then just a bit of colouring was needed.  See there's this little old tree outside the house that he is forever climbing and he couldn't resist peeking in to see all the Festive goodies :-)


See, here he is!  Couldn't resist adding some texture paste with a little glitter in to make it look like snow in the windows and gave Monte a little dusting too :-)


The poinsettia garland is from Polkadoodles Twiggy & Toots Christmas collection and was layered up and then I added a little Sakura Glitter pen.  The picture above the fireplace is a framed coloured digi from Polkadoodles Frosted Winter - Octavia collection as are the little stockings on the fire place!


The Merry Christmas is a cut file from Miss Kate's Cuttables and I cut it four times and then glued them altogether.  I feel it finished of the project perfectly.


And there you have it - my first (not a card) Christmas creation :-)  I hope you will join us over at Emerald Creek Dares - as I know you are all busy making your Christmas creations!  You could win a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek Store!


Don't forget to check out the rest of the teams fabulous makes - wow!

And of course the boss lady Kim at Emerald Creek too :-)



Julia - Paradise Lost

and new teamie


Dare I say it Happy Holidays everyone and Happy Thanksgiving to my friends across the border :-)

I am entering this creation in the following challenges.

Craftin Desert Divas Craft it Up & Link it Up Christmas Linky Party (closes 20 Dec)

Sweet Stamps Blog - Monthly Anything but a Card Challenge (closes 19 Dec)

Crafting from the Heart - Challenge #87: Always Anything Goes (closes 29 Nov)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #255: Use something from your stash (my stash item is the shadow box bought in 2013 LOL!) (closes 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


32 comments:

  1. Wow what a beauty of a shadow box Karon... love the folded Christmas tree and the added details to it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Karon! This is simply AMAZING!!!!!! I just LOVE how you altered that shadow box and all the FABULOUS details you added!
    AMAZING job my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Karon, you didn't miss a detail. And the merry Christmas I thought was a bought die cut. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is absolutely fabulous Karon
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW. Wuuuuuuuuuunderschön
    glg Gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! That tree is stunning ~ i love that you used book folding to make it. That's so clever! Wee Monte peeking in the window thinks that tree would make a nice warm home for winter, I think.
    ~~julia~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the tree. All of the details you added are perfect!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Karon, utterly adorable. Look forward to seeing your other festive posts.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Word, Karon! This is the sweetest and coziest Christmas make I've seen! I love your brickwork, and your book folded tree is amazing! Wow, there are so many wonderful details--too many to comment on, but I love them all, and I'm sure I'll need to take another look so I don't miss a thing! Well done! PS Monte, the raccoon is adorable...Mr. Raccoon was out in our driveway last night harassing my kitties! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Karon, this is stunning!! What a beautiful scene you've created!! I love the brick background!! The fireplace is amazing!! All of the details are just gorgeous!! What a fabulous project my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love this Karon!! The tree is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR... and throw another log on that fire. WOW, how clever is this festive scene. I will have a cup of hot chocolate with a candy cane please. This is so much fun and fantastic inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous Christmas shadow box. This is stunning.
    hugs
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome shadow box, love the Christmas tree and fireplace and the beautiful detail in the scene you created. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful scene, Karon. I love the fire. The tree is so cute, love the size. A gorgeous piece of décor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Karon! The inspiration is endless... every detail is beautiful. Stunning creation, my talented friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic shadow box Karon,I love the scene you have created so very festive. Fab idea using book folding for the tree. Thank you for sharing with us in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we would love you to join us again. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, what a gloriously lovely shadow box - so so cool! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply stunning! All the elements are beyond amazing! Thank you so much for playing with us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party!
    Giorgia DTM

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH! I love this!!!Such beautiful embellishments!!Absolutely Gorgeous!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on your Christmas scene! It looks awesome! You are always great with the details. LOVE your book tree!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow Karon! Stunning as always! Such detail, and dimension... Your project is gorgeous!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh Karon.....wow! Such a wonderful Christmas scene...so creative, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this shadow box! So cute! And I'm always in awe of your folded Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful Christmas tableau Karon, love your book folded tree and Monte is adorable peeking through the window! A perfect decoration to celebrate the season, thanks so much for sharing it with us, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. A brilliant little scene - I love how you've used the upper layer to create a window and outdoor scene, and it looks so warm down in the snug little den. Love that paper folded tree.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW, Karon, this Christmas scene is stunning! Love the detail and the windows are brilliant! Love everything about this one! Fabulous job. Hugs Carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an AWESOME little scene you've made! Love every little detail, but especially the little visitor and that beautiful tree! And thanks so much for your visits and comments - very much appreciated! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow, this is out of the world creative
    So much detail!!!
    I love your book fold tree and the soot stain coming from the fireplace…awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...