Friday, 11 December 2015

Fabulous Friday - Traditional Christmas

Well hello there!  Gosh I have had such a great week this week, crafting and getting on with things. How about you?

My winner from the Visions of Sugarplums blog hop (day 3) is at the end of this post.

Today is inspiration week at Polkadoodles for our Traditional Christmas challenge. The design team have some fabulous creations to share with you.

For my card today, I used the wonderful Polkadoodles Studio 12 Picknix 2 - Gingerbread Twist Collection.


I took the scene from the collection and then made a window frame using my Silhouette Cameo.


I also created a flatter version too :-)


Back to the original.  I layered up the window frame onto foam tape to add some depth.  Took some of the wonderful holly, and added a little banner on the windowsill and corner of the window.


For the inside, using the same papers, but I also used the holly frame from the collection to surround my message panel. I also inked all the edges of all the layers.


There you have it a card with a lovely winter scene to look out at.


And here's the two side by side.  One fat, one thin again LOL! 


Oh yes, while I remember.  I took all the comments left on my blog on Tuesday (Day 3 of the Visions of Sugarplums Blog Hop) and numbered them in order as received.  Then used Random org to choose a number for my winner of the $10 to the Polkadoodles download store.

My winner is......

Comment #2 - Stephanie
who said
These tags are beautiful. Very festive. Your packages will look so pretty.
Please could you email me in the first instance (if you click on view my complete profile under my photo on my blog, my email is accessible there), I will send you instructions on how you can claim your prize.  You have one week until the 18th December to get in touch - thank you.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

23 comments:

  1. Delicious! What is not to love. Traditional to the letter 'T'

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super, perfect in every way.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love the papers and the pretty holly. The window looks so good. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I love the scene you've created. Again, the flat card is just gorgeous as the dimensional one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is one of my favorite cards that you've shared. But then I may change my mind if I see another one. :) I really love this window scene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card, Karon. definitely traditional!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I love the window scene you've created!! It looks fabulous both with dimension and without!! Beautiful cards my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOVE windows!!! It's magical peeking in or out of them when they're part of a craft project and your raised and flat versions are spectacular, Karon!
    Congratulations to your winner too.
    It was so much fun spending time with you on this hop. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love window scenery cards. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love looking through windows at Christmas cards!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! I love the beautiful window scene!! GORGEOUS cards my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Stephanie!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful window cards. Designs like this make me hope to have a Cameo someday.
    Congrats to Stephanie.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful Karon! It's interesting to see the two versions side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful Karon! It's interesting to see the two versions side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards! I like the window scenes.
    Mia - Polkadoodles GDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this...brilliant idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Karon! I LOVE seeing cards made with the window cut - beautiful scene!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are stunning.
    Everytime I visit your blog….I keep thinking I may need a silhouette cameo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very clever card Karon. It is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...