Friday, 18 December 2015

Fabulous Friday - Vintage Santa Gift Box

Hi everyone.  It's Friday!  Only 7 more sleeps till Christmas Day :-)

Hope you are all doing well and getting ready and enjoying the Holiday Season.

Today's card is for the new Challenge starting at Polkadoodles.  Our theme is Anything Goes, everyone's favourite, and you will be able to enter until the 15 January, 2016.  The Design Team is taking a little break over the festive season and we'll be back on the 8th January with and inspirational post :-)

For my card today I used a wonderful tutorial by Cristi of Paper Hoarder Disorder on You Tube.  She made this wonderful chip-board easel card.  I didn't use chip board for my card, just 100lb card stock, but I was still happy with how well it came together.  Here's the LINK :-)

I have used the wonderful Polkadoodles Studio 12 Picknix 3 - Nordic Winter collection and the fabulous Vintage Father Christmas :-)  I think I am obsessed with this collection LOL!


I love the fabulous papers and inked all the edges of all the elements.


I added a little Sakura Glitter Gel Pen and then also used the Merry Christmas cut file off the collection, to add to the bottom of the top layer.


I adore this Father Christmas, with his lovely rosy cheeks.  Nikky's art work is gorgeous! I cut all my pieces for this project using my Silhouette Cameo.  Popped up Father Christmas on some foam tape to add some dimension.


Would you like to see what is in the drawer?


Nine Christmassy Chocolates for all to eat :-)  I think I might even use this type of box to make some special gifts ;-)


Hope you have enjoyed your visit today :-)  I love this box :-)


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

A Snowflakes Promise - Challenge #12: Christmas/Winter (closes 28 Dec)

Crafty Girlz Challenges - Challenge #10: Anything Goes (closes 14 Jan)

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Challenge #258: Anything Goes (closes 22 Dec)

Die Cuttin Divas - Challenge #246: Christmas Anything Goes (closes 20 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Holidays.

34 comments:

  1. Gorgeous easel box, love the vintage Santa and the wrapped yummies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Elegant & Beautiful!!
    Have a blessed day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous easel card and love the drawer,fabulous vintage Santa and love the star embellishment
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous and so much fun with the chocolates inside.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! I love the box design and the vintage Santa!! The star is a fabulous touch!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow...this is just stunning Karon! I love the colors, the red and blue vintage looks is quickly becoming my "new favorite" color scheme for Christmas. Your vintage Santa is amazing (I love the details). I love all the elements you used to create this beautiful gift box. This is sure to be treasured long after all yummy chocolates have been eaten. Simply gorgeous my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow love your box Karon..Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful Santa treat box. I have a thing for Santas. This one is gorgeous! I love the colors and the beautiful embellishments. Love the Merry Christmas font too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This project is so adorable. I love the color combination and that drawer is perfect for gift giving. Wonderful, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this easel box! The colours are perfect and you can tell all the handwork that you have put into this project.
    Mia - Polkadoodles GDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a Beautiful Christmas card box Karon! LOVE the vintage look and Santa looks awesome! Wishing you & your Family a Wonderful Christmas!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous image and very creative project. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful and so very useful too - love this - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Die CuttinDiva!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It turned out awesome. And so practical too. Except the chocolates wouldn't last very long when I'm around *winks*.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is incredible Karon! Wow! I love the combined card and gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow!!! I adore this!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word! What fab treat box, Karon. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  19. How blinking clever is this Karon? I've decided to try and be a tad braver with my creations next year. Don't get too excited I did say 'a tad'. Merry Christmas x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg I just love this from the image to the box to the total design. Stunning and have a fab christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to try one of these projects...you've inspired me. It looks great! Have a wonderful Christmas, Jackie x

      Delete
  21. I absolutely adore this vintage Santa, and this box is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super project and idea Karon. Happy Christmas.
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just love your beautiful project Karon. Wishing you and your family A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hugs Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  24. fabulous project Karon. I hope you and yours had a good Christmas - and all good wishes for 2016.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a brilliant design Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is gorgeous. What a wonderful gift idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  27. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Karon! I am thankful to finally be visiting my bloggie friends. I have missed you terribly but simply didn't have time or energy for Blogger with so much going on at home... I am expecting to be back for good now. :o)
    This card is STUNNING! I am in love with that paper collection and your project is inspiring as ever. What a lovely way to give a gift.. and I am enamored with the sweet starry accent in the corner. Gorgeous work! I'm wishing you endless love and happiness all year long. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! I love these types of boxes!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunningly made love everything you have embellished too xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...