Thursday, 17 December 2015

Hello Thursday - Let it Snow!

Hello everyone.  Not long now till that man in red makes his way around the world, in super speedy time!

I still have some gifts to get, all the wrapping has to be done and we are still missing something on the ground outside!  No snow!!

So, my friends, if you have snow where you are - could you please send some our way.  Just for Christmas - that would be fine - thank you :-)

Anyway, on to today's post.  A new Challenge is starting over at Emerald Creek Dares our theme is Happy Holidays.  We were asked to design something that would send our Holidays Wishes to all of you out there in blog land!

I have one wish for you all - that you have the most amazing Holiday Season, that you are able to get together with friends and family that you hold dear.

I also would like it to snow!  Hence Let it Snow on the front of my card today using the wonderful stamp from Emerald Creek and some silver embossing powder.


Now, this is not just some ordinary card, I have made a book box card.  I used the tutorial from Beccy's Place, but changed the measurements to make my 5" by 5" card and a little deeper too!  The measurements needed for this size card are as follows:

For the card base, you need a 10 7/8" by 5" piece of card stock.  You will score this on the long edge at 5" and 5 7/8" this will give you a 7/8" spine.  For the box element you will need 4 strips of card stock that measure 8" by 4 6/8" and you will score all of them along the long edge at every 1/2". Concertina the folds, starting and ending with a mountain fold.  If you refer to Beccy's tutorial she has great photo's to show you how to link the box pieces.  It's a little fiddly with the narrower folds but it turns out wonderfully :-)  After folding, I inked all the edges of the folds with Vintage Photo Distress ink - it's easier to do this before you fix them together and I did both sides.


All the papers for my project are from the wonderful Polkadoodles Studio 12 Picknix 3 - Nordic Winter collection. 


The wonderful wreath on the front was made using some foliage from Polkadoodles Frosted Winter collection. I printed and cut (using my Silhouette Cameo) making three layers and inking all the edges of all the layers, with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The wreath has been decorated with Pine Cone Charms, Mini Victorian Snowflake on the white tulle bow and the wonderful Squirrel Charm from Emerald Creek. Of course I had to add some glitter, and textured snow!


Now then, here is the inside of my book box card.  The left panel is for a message to be left.  The inside of the box holds this wonderful paper wreath.  In the centre of which I have added another Mini Victorian Snowflake.


Closer look at the wreath and the depth of the box.


There is something special about this card.  Here is the back of the card - it might give you a clue ;-) I used one of the beautiful Victorian Snowflakes to secure the ribbon.


You see, it's extra special because that paper wreath can be removed from the card!  It is a Christmas ornament to be hung on the tree!  When you remove the ornament, you have the Christmas sentiment underneath :-)  The paper wreath is all hand made using the same papers as the card, each little cone is just 1.75" in length!  The finished ornament is 3.5" in size.


And a close up of the ornament :-)


Other than the box element of the card, I designed the rest using my Silhouette Cameo and Design Studio, and am pleased how it all came together in the end :-)


I hope you enjoyed stopping by today.  Why not go and check out what my fabulous teamies have been up to as well, and enter the challenge over at Emerald Creek Dares.  You could win a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek Store!


Kim (the Boss) - Emerald Creek

Claudia - Von Pappe II



Julia - Paradise Lost

Shilpa - Neon Diary


So, I will leave you for today with such wonderful inspiration.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Southern Ridge Trading Company - Christmas Words Challenge (closes 31 Dec)

Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenges - Challenge #89: Anything Goes - Winter (closes 10 Jan)

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Challenge #119: Anything Goes (closes 11 Jan) 

Through the Purple Haze Challenges - December Challenge: Christmas (closes 31 Dec)

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Holidays!!

and

Happy crafting.


38 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning make! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is spectacular, Karon!! I love the design with the beautiful snowflake inside!! So creative!! The wreath looks amazing!! What a stunning project my friend!! I love, love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW stunning! Love the papers, design and the snowflake inside is BEAUTIFUL!
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole projet is simply fantastic! That paper horn ornament is gorgeous and such a treat to get not only a card but a gift. I can't imagine how long that must have taken. Wondefful! Merry Christmas, dear Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a unique project... lots of awesome details to it your gorgeous work....

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS! Outstanding! Standing ovation...these are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg wowser thats wonderful I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a fabulous idea! I love the removable wreath ornament with the hidden sentiment underneath. So clever!
    Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun is this! Brilliant wreath too! WOW~~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is Amazing!! Gorgeous ornament!! It's BEAUTIFUL my friend!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, absolutely gorgeous Karon! I love the wreath and how you can remove it!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! A surprise indeed Karon, I love that! I can't believe how much you got into this piece. I will have to borrow the paper wreath idea. I can't get over this one! I may need to borrow it for display.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a wonderful gift this is. I might have to copy you - again. :) You do inspire me, you know.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    PS - you are welcome to all the snow on Prince Edward Island, though I doubt either of us could afford the shipping costs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful Karon!! I love the ornament part, this would make a great gift! The little squirrel and pine cones on the front wreath make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this is absolutely knockout Karon, adore adore adore!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! This is amazing and beautiful and breathtakingly beautiful, Karon!
    Love (and admire) that wreath you have made and all the other details too to be honest. lol

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning and beautiful cone wreath
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh...how gorgeous! You've outdone yourself again! I'm so impressed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely stunning, Karon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a fabulous book card Karon, you are so clever!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous frosty wreath... an amazing gift box, inside and out!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Karon this is so beautiful, so much to look at I love the wreath and the fabulous design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness this is beautiful. and such a special gift.
    Not only the ornament but also the gift box, wow.
    Oh, we have plenty of snow here, you are welcome to come and get some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! Words fail me, Karon! Amazing!!!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous, Karon. You make the most fabulous card designs. The colors are out of this world. Beautiful. I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning Karon...Wow, simply gorgeous creation. I must try to make one of these....Not this year though! Wishing the snow will start falling for you. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Karon what a brilliant card this is!! i love that it is an ornament / gift as well! as for snow we had a huge storm here on Tuesday with lots of snow but alas followed the last few days with mild temperatures and RAIN (BOOO) so close to a white Christmas.. Merry Christmas to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh My Word Karon! GORGEOUS!! Simply GORGEOUS!!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a beautiful creation Karon - I love the fact that the ornament can be used afterwards. Amazing! Thank you so much for entering our TTPH (Christmas) Challenge this month, lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. How special and creative this is, Karon! And beautiful as well! Hope you get your snow (but only for Christmas, lol!) And thank you for your visits - much appreciated! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  31. You never make ordinary cards...this one is no exception. Just brilliant! What a treat it must be to receive a card from you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMGosh this is an amazing work of art. I loVe that it is also contains an ornament. How special is that. Thanks for sharing
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOOOOOWWWWWW! Karon, this box is just the most fabulous handmade gift I've seen this year (well, last year:) I'm a little late with Christmas drooling!)!!!! Everything about it has me sitting on the edge of my seat, trying to get a closer look. If you could only see my jaw hanging open here! The wreath on the front is just GORGEOUS! I love those snowy touches; it looks so realistic! those charms! Squeal! I hope I ordered the squirrels--shame on me if I didn't! And inside, what a lovely paper ornament, and I can't believe how tiny those cones are! Wow, this must have taken you forever to put together, but I'm so glad you did! Pinned, because I can't stop looking at this! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a fantastic project, I love the fact that there are so many 'hidden' extras too, great design!
    Linda :) xx
    http://stickywithglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow!!! This is rocking my world - totally amazing make xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...