Thursday, 10 December 2015

Hello Thursday - Panic over.. sort of!

Hello everyone.  Thank you all for your fabulous visiting and wonderful comments! I hope I have caught up with visiting my bloggie friends over the last few days! Way behind!

Anyways, I had a major panic on earlier in the week.  Last day of posting letters/cards to Europe came, and boy did I not have enough flat (postage costs are terrible) cards to send out to family and friends.  I am seriously asking for email addys off everyone ready for next year.  When will the Post offices learn - the more they charge, the less people will send so the more they charge!!  Surely if they charged less, people may return to posting again!?

Well, back to my post :-)  Why oh why have I never thought of this before!  I use my Silhouette Cameo for a lot of things and love using the Design program.  All my recent cards have used my Silhouette for cutting out everything!  So, I figured why not make a completely flat card, layering the embellishments and filling layers with the patterned papers etc.

I designed/created an outside layer and a layer for the inside, using elements from the wonderful Polkadoodles Studio 12 Picknix 3 - Nordic Winter collection.

I then printed, cut, inked, stuck and made 10 cards in just over an hour - yay!  Yep there was no way I was going to buy Christmas cards :-)

Card 1 - using one of the fabulous Christmas trees and great sentiments.  All I added to this was the inked edges and a little Sakura Stardust Gel Pen.


Card 2 - couldn't resist using that fabulous robin again!  Adding just a little sparkle to the snowflakes.


Card 3 - Using that amazing vintage Santa :-)  Again, just a little sparkle to surround him and give that glittery Chrismassy feel :-)


For the insides just using similar papers, creating a message panel and adding smaller versions of the image.  All done.


They were perfect for sending and they have already been sent in the post.  Check 1 less thing to do!


There you have it - 10 quick cards all done and dusted :-)

I have a few other things that need to get done,  A gift in the making that I can't show you until after Christmas.  Some Design team creations still to share.

I will be back tomorrow with more Polkadoodles inspiration and the winner from Day 3 of the Sugarplums hop on my blog :-)

Thanks for all your comments and for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous card Karon!!! LOVE the beautiful designs of them all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards! Hope you are enjoying this beautiful time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, they are all so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the designs!! The images are fabulous!! Wow!! These are beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all just Beautiful!!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great selection of "flatties" !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and your flat cards are just wonderful! I agree. I get way less cards at Christmas than I used to and it all has to be because of the cost of postage! It seems to go up every year or even twice a year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty cards. The more I see and here about the Silhouette, the more I keep thinking maybe I should save up for one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, Karon. I know what you mean about the postage. I still have Christmas that I made last year because I could not afford to post them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karon, just wanted to say I love your new hair style and hair colour. Your Christmas cards are beautiful. Well done. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards - I just love the soft muted colors you used for these. That soft, pretty aqua is one of my "new favorite colors". Beautiful images on all of your cards, I especially love that handsome Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a couple of my own crisis lately - last minute thoughtful gifts. These are inspiring and lovely. Good on you! Looking forward to the season!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are all so beautiful, Karon. I love the colors you used. Those soft images are just gorgeous! I have gotten a lot simpler with my cards because of postage.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful cards, Karon. I too find postage crippling. Next year everyone is getting one layer cards! :)
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhhh that bintage Santa is amazing! What a clever and cost effective way to create some wonderful Christmas cards! Gorgeous designs! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMWORD - They are all so beautiful Karon - Such lovely designs!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you rocked those cards!!!
    They are all so beautiful.
    I don't think I am getting to making my Christmas cards this year…but I have so many extras I had made from previous years, they may have to do

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...