Sunday, 6 December 2015

Visions of Sugarplums 2015 - Day 1

Hello everyone!  Welcome to the Visions of Sugarplums 2015 Blog Hop.


You should have arrived from Regina's blog, if you need to go to the start, the list is at the end of this post :-)

I hope that you are all ready for some fabulous Christmas inspiration, I have to admit I can't wait to go visiting to see every ones creations!

My make today is a very traditional card.  I have used the Polkadoodles collection Picknix 3 - Nordic Winter Collection.  Everything on my card is from this wonderful collection.

I have used the pre-coloured image of Father Christmas.


I used a combination of some Blue Prints found at My Favourite Things, to give me the inspiration I needed to get me going :-)


I inked all the edges of all the layers.  Also raised some of the layers on foam tape, to add some dimension to the card.


For the inside I shrunk the Father Christmas to a little corner and then this is my message panel .


I love the papers in this collection - very traditional!


I also needed to make this card postage friendly for my overseas cards.  So, I did a flat version too :-)


Love how they both turned out.


We have some wonderful sponsors for this years Visions of Sugarplums.  To be in the chance of winning these fabulous prizes you should pop along and comment on the blogs in the hop.  The more comments you leave (an entry for every comment) the more chance you have in winning!
Lawn Fawn - $25.00 Gift Certificate
The Funkie Junkie Boutique - $25.00 Gift Certificate
The Cutting Cafe - 3 Sets of Choice to a Winner
Moonlighting & Co. -  1 Set of Choice to Three Winners
PPinky Dolls - 1 Digital Stamp Image of Choice
Baers Design Studio - 1 Set of Choice to Three Winners
CanvasPop -  one 16x20 canvas of your favorite photo
ChouxChoux Paper Art -  Mega Giveaway of Christmas Crafting Goodies


Canvas Pop has another great giveaway going on right now - you could WIN YOUR CHRISTMAS!  Enter by December 11th.
Enter the WIN YOUR CHRISTMAS giveaway HERE.

Lori is also have a Christmas Challenge which will run until the 20th December. The theme is Christmas/Winter and you can enter at Lori's blog Chouxchoux Paper Art.  You could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Dawn!

Here's the list of the blog hop if you have got lost on the way.  

Karon Hughes ---you are here---
Lori Hairston


Your next stop on the hop is Silje - have a fabulous visit!

Come back tomorrow for Day 2!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

37 comments:

  1. ADORABLE Santa! He's got great color and design too!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD!! You made an overseas version too! That is just brilliant of you and WOW what an image that is. He is just spectacular with his long curled beard and the non-traditional white winter hat and green garland...I love that! You made beautiful cards my friend!!!
    Happy Day 1 of the hop.
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great on both cards, love the jolly Santa and the pretty details.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous cards inside and out! I love the softer colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Karon! I LOVE the image you used!!!
    Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love the vintage look of Santa. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!...love the colors and the vintage Santa.....I'm not big on digital images but very cool that you can shrink him for the inside...I think I'm coming around to digital....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card and I really love peeking in the inside. That is a wonderful image of Santa!!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Karon! I love how the dimension adds something, but the flat card is just as fabulous. Plus, the color scheme is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely vintage Christmas cards with Santa! So pretty inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the vintage Santa images!! The colors are so beautiful!! Love these my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Karon, I adore your Santa he is so cute. Great card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow i love this vintage santa...love this image...awesome card...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My Karon... your cards are simply Beautiful! LOVE the Vintage Santa and the wonderful design! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, inside and out! Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, Karon! Great Father Christmas image and love the bands at the bottom of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These images are beautiful. Just stunning cards. Love the colors. Really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicely put together. Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible Father Christmas image! Just love it and the card you made.

    Thanks for being a part of the Visions of Sugarplums blog hop. I'll be back tomorrow to see what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card. Love the vintage character.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the gorgeous colour palette Karon....fabulous vintage looking Santa, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! Simply beautiful my friend!! Adore the vintage looking Santa!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards and love that Santa!!! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card! The Santa is amazing and I love the colors! Happy early Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, Karon. I love the patterned paper design at the bottom. Hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  26. aazing card!
    love the colors!
    hugs
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow! I love that Santa! they really have some fabulous pre-colored images because they look amazing! no way to tell they aren't done by hand....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow what a brilliant Santa, love your card x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful traditional card! So cute!!!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am loving your vintage Santa, he is very handsome! Great papers and wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brilliant! Love everything about this card but especially your use of the same image but smaller on the inside. Just genius!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loved the way you use paper strips
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your card is so beautiful.
    I love the colours and this image.
    Stunning

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...