Thursday, 21 January 2016

Hello Thursday - A Non Valentine - Valentine!

Hi everyone.  Isn't January just wizzing by!

Today I have a new post for Emerald Creek Dares and our new challenge.  Our Design Team prompt was to make something for a single person, so a valentines of sorts, but yet not a valentine :-)  So use reds and greys in your creations and throw in a heart in an unusual way if you can, then enter our challenge!

I have to let you know that I have decided to step down from the Emerald Creek Design team, for personal reasons.  So this will be my last post for Kim.  I want to thank her for giving me the fabulous opportunity to work with such an amazing product, to be on her very first Design Team was a privilege and just an amazing team to work with.  Thank you Kim xxx

 photo ECD Button.png

I found this lovely quote whilst surfing - it has an anonymous author so can't give credit - but whomever you may be - thank you :-)

Love is like a butterfly
It goes where it pleases
and please where it goes.

So using this quote I came up with this card.  I think it works to give to someone single, don't you?!


It is a faux shaker card and a side easel card.  I have used a butterfly cut file from Birds Cards.  All my papers are from Polkadoodles Octavia - Frosted Winter collection.

The blossom on the butterfly is the fabulous new Fallen Blossom by Nicole Wrights Designs (Emerald Creek).  I had these left over from my previous cards.


The sentiment on the piece that holds the easel card in position - is by little old me :-)  


I had to add some of the gorgeous Emerald Creek Butterfly brads to the card at the top and on the stopper. You can see the shaker element peeking behind, they are hearts.  And did you notice that behind the blossoms are hearts too :-)


I curled the edge of the top butterfly just to give it some dimension.  All the edges of all the layers were inked with Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo.


That's my little bit of inspiration for you.


So now it's your turn to enter our latest challenge over at Emerald Creek Dares and you could win a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek store.


You have to go check out what the Design Team have made too - they are amazing creations!


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.


22 comments:

  1. a fantastic use of hearts! love that!!!!!
    sorry to see you go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Karon!
    This is gorgeous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is so beautiful! I love how you used the Fallen Blossoms and then the tiny hearts hidden behind the butterfly wings are brilliant!
    It was a privilege being on the ECDT with you and I wish you all the best!
    {julia}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Karon! Love how you used the Cherry Blossoms. It was a privilege to work with you on the Emerald Creek Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card, Karon, great idea of that shaker window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is stunning, Karon!! The butterfly looks amazing!! I love the heart wings!! The colors and design are so fabulous!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely sentiments!!I absolutely love the design of this card. The shaker window is just Fabulous!!
    I love the Gorgeous butterfly!! A beautiful creation my friend!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, Karon and one of my favorite card styles too!
    hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Karon!! Love the butterfly brads and heart wings, the blossoms look so delicate!! It has been an honor being on this design team with you! Thank you for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blossoms look so pretty on your butterfly, super design and sentiment.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is just beautiful Karon, love the pretty butterfly. Have a wonderful weekend! Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card Karon, love the sentiment and the hearts on your butterflies wings were a brilliant idea. Love the faux shaker bits hiding behind the wings too. Sorry to hear you have to step down from the Emerald Creek DT but thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations with us while you were a part of it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karon, this is truly inspiring! What a beautiful sentiment from your heart... and the butterfly couldn't be lovelier. Love is ever blossoming! The side easel is stunning, as is every detail of your creation. You did an amazing job for Emerald Creek, Karon! They were blessed to have you. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation love this gorgeous work of art.... {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh. This is cute. Love your attention to detail. I so need to try a side easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty....just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so Amazing! I can't say thank you enough for all you have done for me and this team! I can't wait to guest work with you. Especially for the anniversary edition. Hug and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty, Karon. Love the elegant butterfly with it's pretty layers. Sorry you had to step down. You were really an asset to Emerald Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've done an amazing job for Emerald Creek - Will miss your fab projects for them! :) With that said - this is simply beautiful! LOVE the design and what a wonderful sentiment - pretty butterfly too - always so lovely Karon!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karon - I am sorry to hear about your pending completion of the design work for Emerald Creek. They will miss your creativity and inspiration. However, I'm sure your reasons are sound and the best for you, if not for us!:(

    This card is so charming - I really like the faux shaker element behind the butterfly wings. The illusion of movement - so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is absolutely gorgeous.
    I love how the butterfly pops off of the card and how you used Nicole's new stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! And I love the verse!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...