Saturday, 9 January 2016

Simply Saturday - Emerald Creek at CHA new Releases!

Hello everyone.  Are you getting back in the groove with your crafting.

I took a little break from blogging over the holiday season and was busy between Christmas and New Year, getting together some Design Team Makes for Emerald Creek.

We are on our way - a new Adventure, with Emerald Creek Craft supplies and also launching Nicole Wright Designs.  Nicole will be doing quarterly releases of stamps and dies!  They are at CHA 2016 (booth 807) for the first time ever!

Emerald Creek Dares

I have three posts over the next three days to share with you and our new challenge is starting over at Emerald Creek Dares - our theme is Anything New :-)

 photo ECD Button.png

My first creation is another of the box cards that I have found I enjoy making.

I have used Nicole's new stamp called Fallen Blossom.  It's such a wonderful stamp and can be used in so many ways.  You only have to see the fabulous Design Teams use of this wonderful stamp.


I first off used my Tim Holtz Distress Markers, paint brush and acrylic stamp block and watercoloured the image. I used Barn Door and Worn Lipstick.


After I had finished doing the water colour, I scanned the image and using Silhouette Design Studio, was able to make multiple images and cut them all out :-)


Then I got around to making my card.  


I used fabulous papers and the scroll sentiment from Polkadoodles Dollie Daydream Goes East collection.


The inside is decorated with more papers and blossom and adding the sentiment (from the stamp set) to the inside box panel.  Take a close look at the top right hand corner in the inside panel!  I even used the wonderful Balloon stamp from Emerald Creek :-)  I stamped it once on scrap paper and then onto the picture panel, to get a faded, distant look :-)


All the edges of all the layers were inked with Distress Ink pad - Vintage Photo.  For the side message panel, I couldn't resist adding a little spray of blossom too :-)


I added one of the metal Dragonfly brads to the sentiment scroll.


One more look at the finished box card.  I added a little dimension to the outside blossom by adding some foam tape to some of the flowers.


Now it's your turn to enter the challenge over at Emerald Creek and check out what the rest of the amazing Design team have created.

You could win a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek Store - so why not go check it out.


Why not check out the teams amazing creations too


Thanks for stopping by today.  Come back tomorrow for another new release creation :-)

Happy crafting.


21 comments:

  1. Wow, this is gorgeous Karon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This card is out of this world beautiful. So delicate and precious. Truly, a keepsake more than a card! It must have taken some time to make all those details. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those cherry blossoms looks amazing...love how you multiplied them to look pretty....Great job~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning Karon! Love all the cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used so many blossoms! And I noticed the balloon tucked away in there right away. Amazing job, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! I love how pretty the flowers look. I absolutely ADORE the inside.Wonderful sentiment and how cute is the dragonfly brad.
    AMAZING my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous dimensional card created with Nicole's new stamps, thanks so much for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, Karon. I love your book/box cards. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is stunning, Karon!! I love the flowers!! The look amazing!! The box design is gorgeous!! Love, love this my friend!! Wow!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super gorgeous and I love your little scroll.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flowers look so realistic Karon! Beautiful as always my friend - I'm looking forward to seeing your other creations!!!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Karon!!!!!
    Love those flowers!!!
    Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous! This has so much depth and dimension. The flowers are lovely and I love the little scroll - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh...this turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, LOVE this box card with those delicate blossoms! Aren't you clever to do whatever it is that you did to cut those out! Any I love how you've layered up the balloon image, and that sweet little scroll! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the dimension to this box card and oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this stamp and your beautiful card! You've showcased it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous project, Karon. A labour of love!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  19. just one of many of your beautiful projects collection!! you now have me interested in one of those silhouette thingies!!!! love love your blossoms!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...