Saturday, 30 January 2016

Simply Saturday - Tim's 12 Tags 2016, January

Well hello there everyone.  Hope you are having a good weekend.

I am on hair curling duty later, Shannon is off out to a Youth Gala :-)

But before I have to do that, I thought I would spend sometime in the craft room, just for me :-)

I thought I would get a little messy and have a go at the Tim Holtz Tag for January.  Now I can't guarantee that I will do any more.  But, it's a start!

I don't have a lot of the correct products, but I gave it a go.

I did have the #8 tag, but the only type foil I had was some sticky back shelf liner!


So, I used the shelf liner and then embossed the tag with a Darice Steampunk embossing folder. And then using Tim's industrial technique for the metal I used the Distress Paint Black Soot.

Now, do you think  I could find a bit of chalk for the chalkboard element - nope, more on that in a minute.

After embossing the Stampendous Steampunk Owl in Ranger extra fine embossing powder (I didn't have what Tim recommended), what do you think I used for the chalk board effect?


Have you guessed what I used instead of chalk?  Well, I used good old talc! It did end up everywhere though.  But at least my tag smells nice LOL!

I added a little metal arrow and Dream tag, which I painted with a little of the Distress Paint Picket Fence.

I couldn't resist adding a little layer to his hat and fob watch, and wanted a little bit of colour :-)


So, I know I wasn't able to get exactly the effect Tim did, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

And of course, whilst I was tidying up - what did I find - some white chalk!  Ah well, I know for next time LOL!

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. What a brilliant interpretation Karon, it has all the right elements and I love the hat and pocket watch. Hope Shannon has,a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag Karon.... love that owl with its hat and pocket watch.... So cool~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, a youth gala. I will hope that Shannon's curly hair is a site to see and that she dances the night away. Your tag is lovely and demonstrates what you are able to do if you make things work. Seems like your tag hits the mark if you ask me.

    I can't say thank you for a handwritten thank you, but will say that I was tickled to open the main yesterday. You're a doll and I will wish you many more tags of 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tag, Karon!! You did a fabulous job with the products you had on hand!! I love the embossing!! The image is awesome!! I love that you used talc - so creative!! It looks amazing!! I hope you do all of the 12 tags this year...I'd love to see your interpretation!! I hope Shannon has a wonderful time at the youth gala!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag karon, I love the owl and the highlighted clock and hat
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous tag!! You did an awesome job showcasing the products. LOVE this!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag turned out beautifully and I love all the improvised elements you used. Talc powder...who would have thought?! Very clever and worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a fabulous job and so creative. Tim's tag is a starting point but should never be the ending point!!! Wonderful!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool tag. It puts me in mind of a well-worn pair of jeans.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you tag! I always think about doing Tim's monthly tags and then forget or don't have all the stuff. But you did a fabulous job at using other things. So maybe you'll inspire me. Of course tomorrow is February but I could still get started on it...the January one, maybe. Or not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Karon and brilliant idea to use the talc! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Tag Karon, I used the same embossing folder,
    great minds think alike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this tag. The embossing folder is fabulous and I love your added metal pieces. I think it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Karon..the tag is fabulous. Love the chalk effect....great use of powder, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tag is awesome!!!
    I never use or follow along with Tim's Tags perfectly...and that is what I love about it.
    I used foil tape for duct work for my metal and my tag is more on the pretty side not the vintage/grunge style Tim usually does...so way off from his, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous. You should absolutely do more! :)
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...