Sunday, 10 January 2016

Sneaky Peeky Sunday - Day 2 of CHA release for Emerald Creek

Hi Everyone.  Did you enjoy yesterdays creation?

I have another new Emerald Creek Craft Supplies and Nicole Wright Designs creation for you today. They are loving CHA, and I am totally wanting to be there with them!

For today's card I used another new stamp set by Nicole called Upstream.


Once again, I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers and watercoloured the images.  I used Fired Brick and Spiced Marmalade.


After scanning and using Silhouette Design Studio to cut out multiple images.


Then I got all the pieces I would need to make my card.  The little water reeds are actually a flourish from the Polkadoodles Bonbon Belles collection.


For my card today, I have tried something I first came across at Andie's blog Contagiously Crafty.  It is a faux shaker card.  She used, as did I, a tutorial by Jennifer McGuire and HERE is the link to the tutorial.


I added the little fishes to the shaker element, and all the papers are from the Polkadoodles Dollie Daydream Goes East collection.


Inking all the edges of all the layers, and the fish, with Distress Ink Pad - Vintage Photo.  For the inside I added two little Koi at the edge of the message panel.


Love how this turned out and so easy to add the shaker element.


I also added a dragonfly to the scroll sentiment again :-)


Would you like the chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the Emerald Creek store, then why not go along and enter our latest challenge, the theme is Anything New :-)


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you will pop back again tomorrow for Day 3 :-)

I would like to apologize for the quality of the photos - they are really crisp on my computer, but for some reason blogger is altering them.  I think if you click on the photo and enlarge they should look a lot crisper.  Maybe :-)

Happy crafting.


16 comments:

  1. GOOD grief!! If I didn't know better, I'd think I was looking into a fish pond...those are BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! Lisa is right, it really does look like a fish pond. Inspired! What lovely colored fish too.

    Thanks for the shout out. Don't you just love the shaker cards?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There just are no limits to your skills and talents. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful coloring on these and beautiful design, Karon.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the fish!! They look amazing!! Stunning project my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Gorgeous creations!! I love your coloring!!I always admire that..
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW...this is stunning! Those fish are amazing and the colors are so deep and rich. Love the shaker element and great sentiment.

    I would so love to go to CHA one year. It must be amazing to see all of those wonderful new products and to mingle with the "big dogs" of the crafting world! One day.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card and your fish are so lifelike.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful and beautiful creation. Colours and combination are gorgeous.xxx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. It looks really fabulous!

    Wish I could be at CHA too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I love the way you colored the fish. They are beautiful. They look so real. You gave them movement. Now I'm going to check out how to do the shaker part.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another pretty card.
    Every time I visit your blog, I have a longing for a silhouette machine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your coloring of this image from that amazing stamp is awesome! Love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant idea for those images... and so well composed too.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Awesome idea for those cool images --- LOVE your project!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful card Karon, great way to showcase those lovely new stamps! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...