Sunday, 14 February 2016

Happy Valentines

Happy Valentines Day xx

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.  We are in the midst of a deep freeze this weekend, with windchill temperatures reaching as low as -44c (-47.2f)  brrrrr!  We have been colder than the North Pole LOL!

Anyways, to warm your heart I have the Valentines card that I made for Andy, to share with you today.

I have used an oldie but a goody collection from Polkadoodles called All Around and Everywhere.  It always surprises me when you go back and look at older collections, how much you forget is there!


All the papers are from the collection and I have inked all the layers.


For the inside I used the same papers, and then also added two little Spellbinders Scalloped hearts.



Lori of Chouxchoux Paper Art did a lovely tutorial on how to do the rosette heart and I couldn't resist making one and topping it with another small scallop heart to finish it off and inked the edges too. You can find Lori's tutorial HERE and have a look around her amazing blog too whilst your there!


The sentiment is stamped using the only Valentines stamp I have, but I do love that elegant font.


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafting by Designs - Challenge: Hearts (closes 16 Feb)

Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Challenge #123: Anything Goes with twist - So in Love (closes 15 Feb)

Crafty Calender Challenge - February: Love is in the Air (closes 28 Feb)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.

Happy crafting and Happy Valentines Day.

21 comments:

  1. Oooh - this valentine is so lovely. The rosette heart is perfect as a focal point. I'm sure Andy felt special at your attentive card making. Wishing you a romantic end to this day filled with romance. Stay warm (it'll be 85F here today, not to rub it in).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure elegance. Love the rosette heart really pops off the card, Happy Valentines my friend.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card this is!! I love the rosette heart!! It looks amazing!! Beautiful papers, too!! Happy Valentine's Day my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! A very pretty sentiment & papers!!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful make and I'm sure hubby will treasure it very much... Oh my how awful being in that cold weather, we've been having summer weather since January, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant card Karon, love the red heart and the inside. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Karon!!The rosette heart turned out beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so perfect! I love the heart on the heart. -44 degrees! I can't even imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. That heart would have been perfect on my little Valentine boxes at our lunch yesterday. TFS the link to the pattern. I just love seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Karon!!! Love that heart!!!!
    Stay warm my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful Karon!
    Warm hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful, inside and out! Thank you for joining us at crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card; love the heart. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I sure do like that pop of red on the grey background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When your card popped up - I thought "Oh, what a gorgeous heart rosette!" Then I read that you used the tutorial - I am so excited about that. Love the deep red on the neutral background, really makes that heart stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Valentine for your hubby! Hope you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH how PRETTY! LOVE that Rosette Heart! I bet your hubby just loved receiving this from you! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very classy card! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is simply gorgeous Karon! I love the soft, subtle background paper and that brilliant pop of deep, dark red. That heart rosette is stunning and perfect for your card ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...