Saturday, 6 February 2016

Simply Saturday - Mammoth Day

Hi everyone.  Today' is daughter number 2's birthday.  Emily turns 15 and it makes me wonder where all the time has gone.

We have been living in Canada for 10 and 1/2 years now and when we first arrived Emily was 4 and Shannon was 7!  I remember that day like it was yesterday, but it's a long time ago now.

Anyways, on to today's post.

I have made a very basic tent card and used the lovely topper from the new release Polkadoodles Sticks & Bones collection.

I love this woolly mammoth!


Isn't he simply adorable!!  Mind you, I suppose he could be a she too :-)

I couldn't resist layering it up - with just one simple single layer.


As always, I inked all the layers.  For the inside I had to use the fossil paper and then added a tiny mammoth in the corner. 


This card didn't need much decoration as the scene in itself, I feel is enough.  I did add a stone age heart in that one corner.  


So, I hope that you all have a Mammoth weekend.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

16 comments:

  1. oh how cute!!!! well seriously it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Emily!! Love this card Karon...very "Ice Age" (brilliant films) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my mums birthday today too !. This new range is just adorable and as always you manage to bring the little characters to life. Fab card.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that historical mammoth image! It's pretty cool. I just met a cashier at Target that just moved from Canada to the islands. She had an accent that caught my attention. They were tired of the weather in Canada and needed a change. Anyhow enjoy your fantastic weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely adorable card, Karon. I agree, where has the time gone?! Happy birthday, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Emily! And your card is adorable as always. Time does fly by way too fast! Have a wonderful day celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your daughter!! Hope she has a wonderful day!!!
    LOVING your adorable card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Emily!!! Totally cute!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute image and your coloring is amazing!
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and adorable. Happy Birthday to the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable. I love the woolly mammoth. So cute. Love this darling scene. Happy birthday to Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy, happy birthday to Emily!! I hope she had a fabulous day!! What an absolutely adorable card!! I love the layers and the images!! So cute!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday to Emily! I hope she had a fabulous day! And your card is gorgeous Karon! I LOVE the image it's fabulously AWESOME!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card, and such a fun sentiment for this image :)
    Happy Birthday to your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving the dimension on this card!
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...