Monday, 21 March 2016

Made it Monday - yesterday :-)

Happy Monday everyone.

The girls are back in school after having March break last week.  Now they have two short weeks because of Easter weekend.

I spent some time in the craft room yesterday, in between laundry loads. Didn't have time to take photo's yesterday so did them this morning.

Polkadoodles newest collections are available for pre-order purchase, to be released on the 31 March :-) They are gorgeous, if you love florals you will love these.  If you click on the pictures they will appear bigger :-)





There are also two new polymer stamp sets that compliment these new releases, called Lavender Tea Stamp Soup and Lemonade Fizz Stamp Soup.  All available for  pre-order now. 

Anyways, on to my post for today.  Grab a coffee, or tea if you prefer, and sit awhile :-)

I started off yesterday by cutting out some of the flowers and butterflies, off each of the above sets. Then I added Glossy Accents to all the different sizes.


Then was the fun part of making up the following gifts.  After layering the flowers and butterflies.  These little frames are just 3" square, with the inner square being 1.5" :-)

Using Lavender Tea


Using Lemonade Fizz


I did ink all the edges of all the layers before adding the Glossy Accents. The worst part for me doing this project was waiting for the Glossy Accents to dry!



I used some Flourish with a Bling Pearl dots for the bodies of the butterflies.



For the butterfly antennae I use some stamen from some little teeny flowers that I had and inked them up :-)




I will have more to show you as soon as I can get back in the craft room.  I'm a little behind in my commenting and visiting, but hope to catch up in the next few days.  Can't wait to see what you have all been up to :-)

I am entering these in the following challenges.

Sweet Stamps Blog - Challenge March Anything but a Card (closes 16 Apr)

ChouxChoux Paper Art - Challenge #5: Easter/Spring (closes 27 Mar)

Emerald Creek Dares - Challenge: Ring in Spring (closes 23 Mar)

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Challenge #30: Anything Goes (closes 1 Apr)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #104: Anything Goes (closes 27 Mar)

Craft Your Passion Challenges - Challenge #304: Anything Goes (closes 27 Mar)

Craft Rocket Challenges - Challenge #11: Anything Goes (closes 28 Mar)

Digi Choosday - Challenge #12: Flower Frenzy (closes 5 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. Such beautiful projects, I'm sure they must look pretty in real especially hanging on a favorite wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these are all so gorgeous!! I love the glossy accents...it really makes the elements shine!! I have such a hard time waiting for it to dry, too. Beautiful projects my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word these are completely stunning! I love the effect the Glossy Accents gives. Truly beautiful work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, I don't think I could pick a favourite colour. Love the extra dimension the glossy accents gives the butterflies and flowers.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Love the butterfly Don't want to pick they are all worthy TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMWORD Karon! Those Butterflies are simply GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the Lavender Tea set - they have such pretty colors! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gorgeous butterflies!!All beautiful!
    Have a blessed day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. So completely beautiful, Karon. Those butterflies look real! Fantastic project and finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon, these are all absolutely stunning! I love them!
    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are amazing. What wonderful gift ideas. I loVe your Glossy Accent decorations. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow such beautiful work! Thank you so much for joining us this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful.Just love the colours and shine.Finished off so prettily with the pearls.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Every single one of these projects are gorgeous. I couldn't pick a favourite Thank you for joining in Craft Rocket Challenge - Karen DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful. Love the stunning layers. Glossy Accents was the perfect thing to use. These aree fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! These are all so beautiful! What a ton of work, but so worth it in the end! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Projects. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous frames, Karon! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love your butterfly frames! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOH! Such eye candy! Your frames are beautiful. Our schools are on March Break this week. Coming from Ontario, I am still not used to the later holiday in Atlantic Canada, but it does make sense since we have a later spring here.

    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous mini frames, I love the depth the glossy accents gives the flowers and butterflies. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful designs Karon, love each and every one of them, lovely colour tones too....have a lovely Easter weekend...xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your flower/butterfly frames are gorgeous! I hate waiting for things to dry too. So glad you linked your frames to my Easter/Spring Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just stunning makes as always chick. Thanks for joining us in our Flower frenzy challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great projects thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart x

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are all so pretty :)
    I love all glaze you have added to the butterflies..makes those beautiful colours pop

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning makes, just perfect!!! Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges. Monica-Dt

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow! These turned out gorgeous! I love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...