Friday, 22 April 2016

Fabulous Friday - Having a Purple Day

Hello out there in blog land.  I had all the good intentions of posting a little more this week, however family life events came in to play, so didn't get as much done as I had envisioned.

I am still behind with my visiting, so my apologies for that.  I will catch up :-)

Anyways, on with today's post.  It's the start of a new challenge over at Polkadoodles and our theme for this fortnight is Swirls and Flourishes.

I have you used the wonderful Lavender Tea Collection for my creation today.  However, I couldn't decide whether to use a scalloped circle or rectangle on my card.  So I made two :-)



I have inked all the edges of all the layers.  Adding little Flourish with a Bling Pearl dots to the centres of the flowers.



By layering and shaping the flowers, it added a little dimension.



Even the little teeny flower on the sentiment panel has been layered.



Which do prefer, the scalloped circle or the rectangle?

Thats all folks :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Crafty Sentiment Designs - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 25 Apr)

Penny's Paper-Craft Challenges - Challenge #274: Anything Goes (closes 26 Apr)

Craft your Passion Challenges - Challenge #308: Anything Goes (closes 24 Apr)

Lil Patch of Craft Friends - Challenge #32: Anything Goes (closes 29 Apr)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love that gorgeous background and the beautiful flowers! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Karon... Purples are one of my faves to create with too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous Karon, and given yesterday's tragic news, all the more poignant too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love thw pretty flowers and pretty purple!
    Gorgeous card my friend!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Both are lovely, but think I am partial to the scallop circle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the colors!! The flowers are so beautiful!! They both are fabulous but if I absolutely had to choose, I'd say the scalloped circle :) Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Karon don't ever make me choose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards, such pretty flowers. Thank you so much for joining us this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Karon and rather apt following the loss of another musical genius xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how Lovely Karon! Both cards are stunning with that beautiful lavender paper... Have a great weekend!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are both so beautiful? How to pick? I guess I like the rectangle, but I can't really verbalize why, just appealing to my eye. Great card and a wonderful collection, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty cards Karon....love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are such pretty cards. Love the background paper. Those flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards.....glad I don't have to make a choice...lol...Thanx for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so beautiful, Karon! The colors and papers are stunning and I adore those flowers! They have such impact, especially in the exquisite color palette. I love both card variations, but if I had to choose I would say the scalloped. :o) Have a wonderful evening!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, so pretty - love the purple and those wonderful blue flowers set it off! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karon, this is so beautiful. The flourishes really finished this card off amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Karon, thanks so much for stopping by!
    your cards are just gorgeous!! it's fun to see the two different styles. the scallop circle adds a pretty girly touch while I think the rectangle adds a touch of elegance. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of your designs are beautiful.
    Those flowers are so vibrant, and love the dimension you add to them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful creation. I love the beautiful colors and layers. Thanks for playing along at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous. Lovely creation today just love the added gorgeousness.…xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards! The both cards look beautiful with either shape! Love that purple.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - superb card, love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are beautiful and I really struggled to find a favourite but I think the rectangle is the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, how beautiful! What an encouraging sentiment and gorgeous color combo. These are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are super! No choice love both.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You make such timeless classic cards. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love both shapes. What lovely elegant cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting! Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both shapes. What lovely elegant cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting! Catherine ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...