Tuesday, 24 May 2016

'Tis Tuesday - Polkadoodles Birthday Celebrations

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Happy 7th Birthday Polkadoodles!

As this anniversary is normally called the "7 year itch", the Polkadoodles team have embraced the prickly feeling by scratching that itch and mixing/scratching up some new images ...  get the pun? Corny we know, but the team have had great fun. So, to embrace the "itchy scratch", the Polkadoodles team have thrown caution to the wind and "scratched up" a different kind of birthday celebration.

The birthday celebrations are in full swing and we are into week 2 of the celebrations,  Each day someone from the Polkadoodles team is sharing their "mixed/scratched up" image.  It's been all hush hush and secret squirrel too as no-one knows who has been busy creating what and when they will be revealing their image... so the Polkadoodles team get to join in the fun too :-)

Why not pop along to our Polkadoodles Facebook page too to join in all the fun.

Stay here for a little while though as I have mine to share today and a little surprise, at the end of my post, for you :-)

Firstly I used the Twiggy and Toots Collection to merge the fabulous birdhouses in this collection, and then I added some of the wonderful fat birds off the Winnie Fruit Punch Collection, put it all together to make a Bird Garden :-)

Something else I did, which I haven't done in very long time ......  I coloured the image!  Yep, I coloured!!!  I used water colour paper to print my image and then coloured it with Distress Markers.


After colouring the image, I scanned it and was able to use the scanned coloured image in my Silhouette Cameo to cut it out and layer it.  I couldn't resist using one of the pre-coloured background scenes from the wonderful Rose Budd Collection.


I used the scene again to form a frame on top of the base.  I also cut a few different layers of the bird garden to add some depth.


The flowers are also from the Twiggy and Toots Collection, which I have layered and added a pearl dot.  The sentiment "Welcome to the Neighbourhood" is from Cherryblossom Lane Collection.


For the inside I used the same background scene, I shrunk my coloured digi down to the corner and added a flower.  Plenty of room to write a message, so I didn't need to add a message panel.


I loved how this turned out.  What do you think of my mixed up image, the Bird Garden? :-)


Anyways, onto the surprise.  As a birthday gift to you, I have a 35% discount code for you.  It is valid until Midnight GMT, today 24th May, on individual downloads only.  So you best get shopping.

I suppose you would like the code LOL!

BIRTHDAY
valid on individual downloads only (not collections)
(it is case sensitive so need to input as is)

So pop along to the Facebook page and see what everyone is up to.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party - Create a Scene (closes 5 June)

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 30 May)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #113: Anything Goes (closes 29 May)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

20 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Karon! A fabulous 'scratch up' and I love the wonderful dimension! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, Karon!! I love the beautiful colors and the design!! The dimension is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is stunning, absolutely love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, g o r g e o u s! What you do with images is always above and beyond. Thanks for the code, but noticed you said today, 24th JULY. Were you daydreaming it's summer already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte, have changed it - was meant to be May LOL!

      Delete
  5. Love that bird garden card Karon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pure delight - beautifully done and colored!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I love your scratchy itchy, mixed up card! Too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your card Karon! Your coloring looks awesome and don't ya just love being able to scan and put it in the Cameo program for more cutting! Fabulous design!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous shadow box card, Karon. I love the framed technique you used and your coloring is amazing.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karon. Colored beautifully. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project!!! I love your coloring. Thanks for sharing with us over Crafty Sentiments Designs. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so pretty, wonderful details.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Such a beautiful and magical scene!!Such lovely details! A darling creation my friend!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely amazing!!! From your colouring to the layout, it is all just fabulous!! Thank you so much for joining us for the Craftin Desert Divals "Create A Scene" Linky Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, Karon. Your colouring is flawless.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, happy birthday to Poolkadoodles! You've made another adorable card, I really like the frame you've created. Such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Could this be any better for our Create a Scene challenge? I think not! This is crazy, crazy awesome!
    Thanks SO much for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
    Glad to have come by!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...