Friday, 10 June 2016

Fabulous Friday - For the Boys

Happy Friday everyone.

Hope that your week has been a good one.

I spent some time in the garden yesterday - doing the weeding and I almost forgot that I had to get this post ready for today LOL!

Our theme for our Polkadoodles challenge, well with Father's Day not far off we figured it would For the Boys.

I decided to use an older collection - but still a fabulous one, Cherryblossom Lane Collection.


I took one of the scenes off an envelope in the collection, added a tree and some fencing (from the collection) and of course couldn't resist adding Horace.  

The actual scene is a river scene, but I just took a pale grey pencil and coloured over the blue, to make it look like a path :-)


For the inside I used the same papers as the front and added a message panel.


I cut the fences and Horace with my Silhouette Cameo and added some foam tape to give the card some dimension.


The little side buttons are from the ephemera section in the Frosted Winter collection.


So that's it from me today.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Ooh La La Creations - Challenge #206: One for the Boys (closes 19 June)

Dragons Lair Designs - June Challenge: One for the Guys (closes 29 June)

Craftin Desert Divas - Masculine Linky Party (closes 19 June)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. You really "do" digi crafting so well Karon. My repertoire just about includes cutting out and decoupaging!! You really inspire me to be a bit more adventurous with my Cd roms!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and the sweet image!! The dimension you add is just fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute scene you created and the layers too.
    Enjoy your weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this beautiful scene with its soft, muted colours. It reminds me of an illustration from a Beatrix Potter book.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love that beautiful color!! I really like the scene too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a soft and pretty card. I love how you modified the image for your puroose. Great job, Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Dragons Lair Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW absolutely stunning. Such a amazing card.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
    ♥ Herbal Pantry ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the adorable scene. Beautiful!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a fantastic scene Karon. Fab job

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic scene and layering.... Love it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer is here, we have a great reason to go outside and play in the dirt ;)
    Your card is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great scene here...and loved the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab fab fab I love it Jacqui DLD

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...