Friday, 8 July 2016

Fabulous Friday - Elegant Beauty :-)

Hi everyone.  Happy Friday :-)

Sorry I haven't been around much this last couple of weeks.  It has been quite hectic with end of school and my eldest daughter Shannon Graduating.

So proud of her.  She achieved Honor Society for getting an average of over 80 in all her courses this year.  She picked up a scholarship/bursary from the A Y Jackson Alumni (her school) and also an award for having the highest semester average for Mathematics, she missed the Chemistry award by 1pt :-)  Look at that grin :-)

She will be off to college in the fall, studying to be a Veterinary Technician.



As part of her Grad gift, Shannon and I are currently in the UK enjoying a couple of weeks visiting friends and family, we left this past Wednesday and get back on the 20th July :-) Andy is taking some time off too, at home with Emily, and getting some house stuff done as well as a few days out :-)

Anyways, onto today's post.

We are in inspiration week for our Polkadoodles Add Ribbon or Twine Challenge.  I had to make a card to take to the UK with me and I just had to use the fabulous Rose Budd Papercrafting Collection. I love this collection, it is so elegant.


I used an Mojo Monday sketch from the middle of June, too late to enter the challenge but I thought the sketch was fabulous.


For the inside I made it with the same layers and even ribbon.  As this card will be hand delivered I wasn't worried about the weight :-)


I haven't used the sentiment tickets in a while so had to add these two from the collection.


I inked all the edges of all the layers and also added some dimension to the main image by layering the pieces with foam tape.  And a beautiful butterfly to finish off.


So, now it's your turn to go along and enter the challenge at Polkadoodles, Add Ribbon or Twine :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

22 comments:

  1. A Big Congratulations on your daugther Shanon's graduation Karon. Your card is just beautiful, love the pretty designer paper. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant is an understatement. WOW is an impact statement. Absolutely gorgeous and I hope you and Shannon have the best visit ever x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Karon, such an elegant design - another collection I need to take a look at!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as ever - Hope your having lots of fun! I miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, Karon. Congrats to your lovely daughter, Shannon. Hope y'all have a wonderful visit to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card and a Big Congrats to your daughter
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous as always.... Congrats to your daughter, enjoy your quality time together.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Shannon! I hope all of you enjoy your break. Your card is, as always, beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Shannon!! What a beautiful picture of her!! I hope you two are having a wonderful trip!! I can't wait to see pictures!! Your card is absolutely gorgeous as always!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Ms. Shannon. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to Shannon!! I love the pretty layers and butterfly!
    Absolutely beautiful!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, talented and clearly driven daughter you have. You must be very proud! Good luck, Shannon, on your future studies. I wish much success.

    Your card is so beautiful and reminds me I need to use my Polkadoodles stuf! Way to go, even if you are on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just a gorgeous card sweetie, hugs Aly xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your BEAUTIFUL Daughter! You should be 1 proud Momma! Happy you two get to take some time together and vacation.... it's a special time for you both! Enjoy it! :) Your card is BEAUTIFUL as always Karon... Such a fab design and pretty collection.... Have a FUN trip! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. Love, Love, Love,
    Big hugs
    Tammi Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning stunning stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Shannon! What a gorgeous picture. I'm excited for her bright future and am thrilled you're off on a little adventure. :o) Your card is absolutely stunning in color and design. The image and layered butterfly is spectacular. :o) Thank you for the sweet inspiration, Karon! Have a beautiful night. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations!! Love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and the sentiments look lovely on pearlescent paper.
    Hugs,
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to Shannon, and by now you're back from your trip which I hope was more than wonderful. Your card is beautiful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to your daughter. Love this card it's beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...