Friday, 2 September 2016

Fabulous Friday - Spread those wings and fly!

Well hello there out in blog land.  Long time no see!  I'm finally back and able to share some crafty stuff.

We are delivering Shannon, my eldest, to college.  It will be the last time we see her until Christmas :-(  But, she is going away to live her dream :-)

I am going to be in my craft room quite regularly now, as I get used to one of my daughters moving on in life and leaving the nest for a little while.

We are in week 2 of our Polkadoodles challenge. Our challenge themes are now always Anything Goes with an optional twist.  The twist this week is Use Something Beginning with F.

My share for you this week is a 12" by 12" canvas that I made for Shannon for taking away with her to college.


I have used the wonderful collection Lemonade Fizz.  This collection is available as a download, but it is also available as a CD and you can also order the fabulous Stamp and CD combo.

Everything on the canvas is from this collection, except the quote which I found on the internet.  I love all the pastel papers and the gorgeous butterflies, which I couldn't resist layering up.


I inked all the edges of all the layers.  Added a body and beads for the butterfly and then added some layered flowers to add dimension.


Shannon loved this by the way and it brought a few tears :-)

So I know you are all busy crafting so why not go and enter our Anything Goes challenges :-)

I promise to be by soon and catch up with what you have been up to this summer.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

18 comments:

  1. Such a pretty, soft creation Karon love this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous Karon, love the sift subtle colours and the whole design xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful project you made.... Love it! The butterfly's are just beautiful. Pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Karon!! I love the colors and design!! The butterfly looks amazing!! What a beautiful canvas for Shannon!! Good luck to her as she pursues her dreams!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how BEAUTIFUL Karon! The sentiment is so perfect for your daughter and anyone for that matter... it's a beautiful quote! I'm so glad to see you back and look forward to seeing more of your fabulous designs! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty. Your butterflies are stunning. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Karon, I love the butterfly and the design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous so pretty and lovely dimension xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Karon, such a fabulous design and lovely quote.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is good to see you back at it. I will hope these first few days are not too tough. Focus on her starting to live her dream and trust you've done a good job.

    Beautiful card, I'm sure it made her feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to have your back. Beautiful canvas. Love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Karon and a little bit of home to accompany Shannon on her adventure. Wishing her every success and make sure to craft plenty to take your mind off her!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are back to crafting and I know you are going to miss Shannon like crazy. Craft a lot so time flys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Gorgeous!! I absolutely love it!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your canvas is stunning.
    I love the butterfly and the dimension it has to it.
    I also love the light pastel colours and of course the quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...