Friday, 7 October 2016

Fabulous Friday - Autumnal Colours

Happy Friday everyone.

I am not here LOL!  I am currently on my way on a road trip to see Shannon at college.  It is our Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend - so as it wasn't feasible for me to fetch and return Shannon - too much travelling!  I decided to take little old me to see her :-)

Was busy yesterday making some batch cooking, of Bolognese Sauce, and a Chicken Pot Pie that we will portion up and put in her freezer :-)  Hubby and Emily will have to fend for themselves this weekend, although they have been invited to have Thanksgiving dinner with friends :-)

So, Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends.

Anways, onto to today's card.  All our challenges at Polkadoodles are now Anything Goes - so that means whatever you create - you can enter!

I have used one of my favourite collections, Dollie Daydream Goes East Collection.


You should know me by now, I very rarely colour anything in.  However, the girl image was faux paper-pieced using the Silhouette Design Studio and then all I had to colour was her skin and hair :-)


For the inside I once again used the same papers as the front.  I have started merging the layers for the insides of my cards.  Not only does it save paper, it saves time and a little bit lighter for postage :-)


I couldn't resist adding some extra lanterns and a fan, using foam tape on several layers to add some interest.


I love the rich colours of the papers in this collection.


Now it's over to you.  Don't forget our challenges are now Anything Goes - so why not enter - you made something!  Then share it :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog - Challenge #298: Anything Goes (closes 11 Oct)

Crafting By Designs - Challenge October: Anything Goes (closes 25 Oct)

Sunny Day Crafting - Challenge #17: Anything Goes (closes 10 Oct)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

33 comments:

  1. Hi Karon great make this week love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Karon, lovely rich colours.
    Have a great weekend with your daughter.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful - have a great weekend with your Daughter my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, fabulous colours - have a great weekend with your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those color combo's together! The sentiment says it all, very pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card and hope you have a great time with Shannon and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! It's hard for me to think that it's already Thanksgiving in Canada since we don't celebrate until around the end of November. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and great colors. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, as always. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This fabulous live the Asian theme 😀

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rich colours too Karon...a great design. Hope you have a wonderful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an elegant card!! I love the Asian theme too!!OH! I love chicken pot pie! Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure created one fabulous card. Love the images, the color and sentiment.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. So colorful and I love the dimension. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card, loving image and such a true sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us over at Penny's for our Anything Goes Challenge. Hope to see you again.
    Good luck.
    Jean Design Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is so pretty, always a great theme when you use this collection! I will wish you an enjoyable and happy trip to see Shannon. Safe travels, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great sentiment and beautiful card. Have a safe journey and a wonderful time.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really lovely make as always hun.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great rich colours. Love it. Hugs Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello my friend!! I'm back from vacation catching up on all of your beautiful projects I've missed while I've been gone!! I wanted to leave a comment on each one but blogger has decided I'm a spammer and I have to go through the click on "not a robot" button and the picture captcha. Ugh. So I'm sorry I can't comment on each project but they are all amazing!! I especially love the snowman merry Christmas card!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Shannon!!

    This card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and images!! The sentiment is so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Thanksgiving Karon! Glad you were able to visit with your daughter for the Holiday! :) Your card is simply beautiful...

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is so pretty! Have a great time visiting Shannon and have a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a pretty card! Love the autumn colors you have used.

    Thank you for joining us @ Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge!
    Hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karon, this is so pretty! The colors are so rich and heartwarming.. and your card is so beautiful! Stunning work, as always. Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friend! I hope you had a blessed celebration. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely stunning hun, such gorgeous colours and design x

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty!
    Hope you had a great time with your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those lanterns look super gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is just a stunning creation Karon you'd never think it was created with digi's x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Karon, I just love this classy Asian make! Stunning! I've been going Asian myself and think I will keep on with it. Your project is such an inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous, I love the rich colours
    Katrina xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. The sentiment is so nice...great card!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...