Saturday, 22 October 2016

Simply Saturday - Christmas it is!

Well, OK, I know it's not Christmas but there is snow in the forecast!  Yep it's on it's way!

I have had this little shaped card cut and ready to piece together for ages, but have not felt like crafting.

So, today as it is a miserable day outside, I am spending it in the craft room :-)

What are you up to today?

I have used this pre-coloured image from the wonderful Polkadoodles Festive Christmas collection. Couldn't resist making up a shaped card and adding a little glitter to the tree layers.


I used the shape of the pre-coloured image and created the card shape using Silhouette Design Studio software.


Couldn't resist adding some lovely papers and the wonderful sentiment to the inside of the card.


I added some layers with foam dots and inked all the edges of all the layers.


For the tree, I added another two layers and cut into the branches a little for some added texture and depth.


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Brown Sugar Challenges - Challenge #221: Anything Goes (closes 27 Oct)

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #386: Sparkle and Shine (closes 28 Oct)

Think I am going to come up with some quick cards next for my ready to post Christmas cards :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Crafting.

21 comments:

  1. A really lovely Christmas card, it's lovely to see you at Allsorts, manky thanks for joining in with our 'Glitter and Sparkle' theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sparkly tree and pretty design card. Enjoy your weekend Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! I love the image you've created!! The dimension you add to your cards is so fabulous!! Love this my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful! I love the cute stockings!! Wonderfully done.
    It has been raining here since last night and the temperatures dropped. I will be home today crafting and organizing some of my crafty stuff too.
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card for our current challenge of 'SPARKLE AND SHINE', such a cute image too...love the papers...Thanks for joining in.
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]


    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be very glad to have finally pieced this together. What a lovely, warm card. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this gorgeous card, the layers look fab, as does the inside xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and great dimension and sparkle.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layers...the card looks fabulous!
    Hope you get to enjoy some nice weather before the snow comes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Fantastic
    Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Karon. It's stunning. Love the layers.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful Christmas card! You must have a very nice set stacking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable Christmas card - the layering is awesome! Sounds like winter is upon you. Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW! Beautiful Christmas Card Karon! LOVE the shape and the amazing layers! Sorry to hear you have Snow in the forecast already! Yikes! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Gosh...a work of Art! Love the pretty Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts Sparkle and Shine week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card. Love the dimension and images.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness..this card is stunning...so much detail.
    What am I doing today you ask.....snuggling my new grandson <3

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...