Friday, 4 November 2016

Fabulous Friday - A bit of a Weave

Happy Friday everyone.  Are you having a great week?

The clocks go back an hour, this weekend, here in Canada. Are you ready for the darker mornings and shorter daylight days?

Editing the above sentence for my husband - who is so bored at work that he is nosing at my blog LOL!

"The clocks go back an hour, this weekend, here in Canada. Are you ready for the lighter mornings and darker early evenings.  You also get an hour's extra sleep - if hubby minds his own business he might too LOL!"  luv you xx

I'm not to keen on these Winter days, but hey that's what my craft room is for - to cheer me up :-)

Anyways, we have the start of new challenge over at Polkadoodles.  All our challenges are now Anything Goes, so what's stopping you - you craft - you enter :-)

Our DT brief this fortnight was to weave some paper for our creations.  I have used one of the new collections - Winnie Winterland for this card today.  I started off by weaving my papers.


Then I used the stocking from the collection, to make a window in my top layer of the card (using Silhouette Design Studio).  Then all I had to do was place the weaved piece underneath :-)


I cut out another stocking a little bit larger than the window, so that I could use the top of the stocking for my card.  I then used the Flowers 2 Die and the Super Sprigs Die to add a flower to the top of my stocking.


For the inside I used one of the tags and made it a little wider, that's why I love working with digital collections, you can change to suit your needs :-)


I used another tag and bow for the front, adding a little foam tape to add some dimension to the bow and a little bit of glitter.


I love how this turned out and loved the paper weave.


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Penny's Paper- Crafty Challenge blog - Challenge #302: Anything Goes (closes 8 Nov)

Crafting by Designs - November Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 25 Nov)

Deep Ocean Challenges - Challenge #141: Use Dies or Punches (closes 14 Nov)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the weave stocking.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the weaving technique awesome Christmas card! Enjoy your happy weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I love how you weaved the paper!! It looks amazing!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our time changes too. I actually like it better when it "falls back!" I absolutely love this weaving technique! The stocking is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Karon. I love the weave.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous love the weaved stocking x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! Beautiful and very creative!! The stocking is so cute!I am not ready for the time change..lol
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea Karon to use behind the cut out. I would never have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Karon, real country kitchen in design and I love the woven stocking xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A brilliant card Karon, brilliant paper weaving.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so PRETTY Karon! LOVE the stocking & Tag on your card! And NO... I'm no ready for the early dark nights! But it's gonna happen if I like it or not! hahaha! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks fabulous! I love the window and the beautiful paper weaving!
    P/s: Enjoy that extra hour of sleep! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Christmas card is beautiful Karon. Have a wonderful weekend! Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karon, what a brilliant idea to use your paper weaving in the castoff of this die! I adore the concept and beautiful execution. Such a stunning card. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  16. An unusual way to use the weave, but very effective. Such a pretty card, once again. Keep it up, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the woven stocking; so striking x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. The woven stocking looks amazing, what a great effect! Beautiful card Karon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness this is so pretty, I love the stocking and how you layered it under the main base of the card.
    Winter is my season to hibernate and create ;)
    Now to work on the creating part...too much fun loving on my new grandbaby :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember doing paper weaving a long time ago, but instead of cutting out the shape, I used it to back the opening I created on the card front.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...