Friday, 20 January 2017

Fabulous Friday - A Little Shabby Chic

Happy Friday everyone.  Wow these days are really going by quickly. Before you know it, it will be Christmas again LOL!

Anyways, first off I would like to apologise for my lack of blog visiting over the past few weeks. Now that things are returning to normal I will be visiting again and seeing what you have all been up to.

Polkadoodles challenges are now always Anything Goes, so if you craft anything you can enter the challenge.

As part of the Design Team we were given the brief to use a die cut, you can if you wish follow along with that or not :-)

I have used a fabulous new download collection called Belle Papillon.  It is shabby chic and vintage all rolled into one.  If you like stamping, there are also complete kits with stamps, papers, dies and the CD for you to play with - why not go take a look in the Polkadoodles store today - HERE.


Everything on my card is from the collection, except the background leaves for which I used the Super Sprigs Polkadoodles Die - I printed of a paper from the collection and then used the die.


For the inside I have started merging my layers using the Silhouette Design Studio program.  I do all my card designing in there, then all I do is print and cut all the pieces.


I have inked all the layers and all the pieces before assembling my card.  I adore those butterflies, they look so delicate.


I love the soft pastel colours in this collection, but with a little ink on the edges it really makes them pop.


Once again, I hope to be picking up the crafting bug again and will be catching up with all of you soon.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges.

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges - Challenge #312: Anything Goes (closes 24 Jan)

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Challenge: Anything Goes (closes 23 Jan)

Digistamps4Joy - Challenge #132; Anything Goes optional twist Love (closes 31 Jan)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Happy crafting.

24 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Karon, such a beautiful shabby chick design - so pretty.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and elegant love it cc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful card! I love it and don't throw that"C" word around so easily. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card, Karon.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this!! The image is beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous!! One of my favorites of yours my friend!! So stunning!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and feminine. hugs, TEresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful butterflies. They look so real!The flowers are gorgeous!Beautiful card my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M


    ReplyDelete
  8. Romantic shabby chic card. I love It
    Hugs and kisses
    Ele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty and soft card. Ever so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the soft colours! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges! Hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Mary (DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Karon, so feminine
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see you crafting again Karon! :) Hope your holidays were wonderful with your family! :) Your card is simply Gorgeous... it has such a beautiful Vintage look... Very Elegant! :) Have a wonderful day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card, love everything about it! Thank you for joining us at Digistamps4Joy.
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Karen perfect Shabby Chic card, love this image and your wonderful beautiful flowers. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie DT@PPCC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Karon this is so beautiful, love shabby chic, need to do a card like this again...so pretty . x {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Member

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card! I love the style and the design! Thank you for joining us at the Digistamps4joy challenge!
    Xoxo Olga DT member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply Beautiful Karon......love the soft colours! Beautiful shabby card! I've been struggling to visit too..sometimes life takes over from crafting time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card.
    I love the flowers and the butterfly <3

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...