Friday, 27 January 2017

Fabulous Friday - Wish it was Spring :-)

Spring - I can but dream :-)  It's a long way off yet though and there's plenty of snow on the ground to remind us it's still Winter.

But in my crafting I can show Spring :-)

Our challenges at Polkadoodles are now always Anything Goes.  The Design Team were asked to used only a Design Sheet from any of the collections for our cards this fortnight.

I have used the delightful Winnie Sugar Sprinkles.  This is Design Sheet #11 from the collection. It can, however, be also purchased as the single Design Sheet too - so if you need a quick card, why not pop along to the Polkadoodles store and look at all the Design Sheets available. Of course you could check out all the fabulous collections too - they are such a bargain!


I cut all the pieces using my Silhouette Cameo - but they are great to cut free hand too!


I did use one piece of card stock that has been embossed, with a Cuttlebug Geometric Rings emossing folder, for the backing on the front and the inside of my card.  I used the Spellbinders Pierced Oval die for my message panel and used the spare little bird house for the inside too.


I have inked all the edges of all my layers and added some dimension with foam tape.


Don't you just love Winnie, she is so adorable.


I will be entering this card in the following challenges.

Penny's Paper-crafty Challenge - Challenge #313: Anything Goes (closes 31 Jan)

Creative Moments - Challenge #110: Anything Goes twist Keep it Feminine (closes 6 Feb)

Crafting When We Can - Challenge #136: Spots and/or Stripes (closes 4 Feb)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Crafting.


30 comments:

  1. Karon,
    your cards are always perfect.
    I love much
    Ele

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! Wow!! I love the sweet image and the details!! So beautiful!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Karon. I love all the texture.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Karon, the embossed cardstock finishes it off perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire the dimension you add to your designs and your attention to little details, like inking the edges. My favourite part of this design is the popped-up butterfly. super sweet. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Karon, so pretty.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely Karon, I love the colours and way you have combined all the elements from the design sheet and carrying through to the inside of the card is very clever. Have a great weekend, stamping hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is definitely a bit of springtime! What a sweet, fun image and your layout is beautiful. I love all the wonderful dimension you've created..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karon, this is as precious as it is beautiful! I truly love those images and if I return to coloring someday, I will be scooping up a bunch of them. Your design and color palette are gorgeous as ever. Have a wonderful night. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. Love all the elements in the card, the die-cut flowers butterfly and the pattern papers. The image is so nicely colored too. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments. :)

    - SP (Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card.
    Thanks for joining us over at PENNY'S.
    Jean DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely darling!! I love the pretty butterfly and darling image!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet spring card! Adorable image and fun flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love the adorable image....really pretty card Karon! A little spring weather would be nice....I'm heading your way in 2 days. As I sit here sweating in the heat..the cold is certainly going to be a shock! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really classy look Karon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card, Karon. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hallo Karon, your card is just beautiful. Happy New Year and have a wonderful weekend. Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet creation! Love it! Best of Luck in playing with us at Crafting When We Can!
    Carolyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh goodness, this is so sweet!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's ever so lovely a spring girl with her pastels and her butterfly! Adorable creation, Karon. Ever so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so PRETTY Karon! Beautiful Spring Card!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Karon... your Card is amazing.
    Hugs, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet card.
    I love the image and the softness of the card.
    I too am looking forward to spring..used pretty spring like paper on my last layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Karon~ I know I missed up bunch of your previous postings, being so crazy busy here too. Just got through checking them all out. Instead of commenting on each one I thought I would just do it here. Your work is always amazing and so inspirational. I also love your new bloggy look. Ooh I hate to re-try again in doing mines. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...