Friday, 17 March 2017

Fabulous Friday - Good Luck Vet :-)

Hi there everyone.

Oh I have had a lovely few days.  I went on a road trip last Sunday to go and see my, eldest daughter, Shannon in college. It's a 6 hour drive, but very scenic and I loved seeing Shannon.  I came back late on Thursday, although my original day was meant to be Wednesday.  There was a snow storm back home - so too dangerous on the roads.  Ah well, more Mother/Daughter time :-)

Polkadoodles challenges are now always Anything Goes, so why not come along and enter.

Shannon is just finishing her first year in college to be a Veterinary Technician and that is the reason for this card this week.  I wanted to wish her good luck with her Second Semester exams.

I couldn't resist using the vet from the wonderful Work & Play 12 collection.  You can also get this as a Mini Vet/Dog Groomer/Cat Groomer Bundle or just as the single design sheet too :-)


I love all the little paw prints and elements you get in this Design Sheet, as well as the great sentiments! 


I use one extra paper, which I printed from the Mini Bundle, to put behind the other bits and pieces.  I love making a Z fold card, and don't make them often enough :-)


For the inside message panel, I printed another paper from the Mini Bundle and then used the largest of the Polkadoodles Elegant Nesting Dies.  And added some of the left over embellishments from the Design Sheet.


Added a little dimension, to the front, with some foam tape under some of the embellishments and main image.  All the edges of all the layers have been inked too.


Shannon loved the card, as this has been her dream since she was 8 years old - another 2 years of college and she'll be out in the big wide world :-)

I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Challenge #406: Ladies and Girls (closes 17 March)

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Challenge: Any Shape (closes 20 March)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #150: Always Anything Goes (closes 19 March)

Thanks so much for stopping by today - I will be around to catch up with you all this weekend!

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Great card for your daughter love the whole design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Karon, lots of super details and great design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a wonderful time visiting your daughter!! What a gorgeous card!! I love the details you added!! So gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and lovely card.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Glad you had a good time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fun card design!Absolutely adorable!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with your daughter.

      Delete
  7. A really nice design and the image is so cute!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the layout Karon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a wonderful time Karon. What a great card, love the attention to detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card. I am glad you got some good mommy daughter time with Shannon. Six hours is a long drive, but I'm sure it was worth it, even in the winter. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely car with a beautiful image! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!!! This is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card and great elements to the design which I'm sure your daughter loved.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The paw prints are a hit! Great card, Karon! I'll have to check out the Anything Goes challenge! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card - cant belive Shannon has been there almost a year!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is just beautiful Karon, love all the pretty detail. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karon you make the cutest with these images...x ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Karon! Just got back from my Spring Break/Vacation and thought I would see what you were up too! Glad to hear you had a wonderful visit with your daughter... Road trips are so nice when they're scenic! I drove down to Arizona... not quite as scenic.... lots of desert! LOL Your card is super cute and Shannon will just love it! Have a wonderful day! HUGS!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card and perfect for your daughter! Of course she loved it! So glad you got to spend some time together and that you got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect card for your daughter! Love this motif! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahh...such a cute cat card! I love it and I love cats sometimes too much. I'm a bit sad this week as we had to let one of our most loved cats (almost 17) go to sleep on the 17th. She's better off now and not hurting but still I miss her. I knew you'd gone on a fun trip and glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a perfect card for your daughter!!
    Adorable as always

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...